Time Crunch and Who?

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
Got a call from a gent coming off a group health plan, turned 65 in October. Before I could get out there on an appointment, was called back from his wife. He was just diagnosed with Cancer. Group plan ends 10/31/16, was looking for a Med Supp effective date of November 1.

Who would take him, with no lookback. Or, would it be prudent to keep him on the group plan for now. I think I know the answers, but just wanted to run it up the flag pole.

I was pancreatic cancer, and they are starting Chemo next week.

Oy!

State of Georgia.

UHC would cover that in TN because he is in Open Enrollment, check your producer book for GA.

ah, saw the other post- you may have meant last October. Not sure of the GA rules on that, sorry , in TN voluntary dropping of group coverage (if still employed) is not a GI situation with some carriers.

Last edited:
Got a call from a gent coming off a group health plan, turned 65 in October. Before I could get out there on an appointment, was called back from his wife. He was just diagnosed with Cancer. Group plan ends 10/31/16, was looking for a Med Supp effective date of November 1.

Who would take him, with no lookback. Or, would it be prudent to keep him on the group plan for now. I think I know the answers, but just wanted to run it up the flag pole.

I was pancreatic cancer, and they are starting Chemo next week.

Oy!

State of Georgia.

I assume you mean he turned 65 in Oct 2015? If so, he is GI with everyone. If you mean he turned 65 this month then he's open enrollment with everyone.

I assume you mean he turned 65 in Oct 2015? If so, he is GI with everyone. If you mean he turned 65 this month then he's open enrollment with everyone.

That part I've got. The buzz in my craw has to do with the 3 or 6 month pre-ex look back. Some companies have them. Some don't. He's going to be covered. My question is, will they also cover the recently diagnosed cancer, and subsequent chemo?

----------

That part I've got. The buzz in my craw has to do with the 3 or 6 month pre-ex look back. Some companies have them. Some don't. He's going to be covered. My question is, will they also cover the recently diagnosed cancer, and subsequent chemo?

Nevermind. I'm an ***.

----------

Nevermind. I'm an ***.

We all have days like that Bob...just try not to have too many of them.:)

Back