Travelers Umbrella Software

CTInsureMe

This is a question I've been meaning to ask for years, and it just popped into my head again today after trying to navigate their UMB quoting system...can anyone tell me why Traveler's Umbrella quoting platform is so antiquated and ridiculous, seriously? It's laughably bad, and I get errors every time I try to use it, and can't advance the page (which I'll admit will of course become easier if I increase familiarity) most of the time. Anyone who works with them a lot, or is in IT, have an answer as to why they don't update this 1960's Pong-esque clunker? :err:

Yeah and this particular setup is straight dumpster fire level awful lol. I mean, I can't imagine higher-ups sitting around all these years knowing this is what they have to offer for UMB quoting and not going, "We need to at least get this system into the 1990's FFS" :D

Ugh! Crappy, antiquated software is like a pox on the insurance industry. And I physically cringe when carriers start bragging about their "new and exciting upgrades" that seem to always make things worse.
It's the same on the L&I side too. It's the main reason I still mostly use paper apps when I'm out in the field

The only thing that MIGHT be worse in the last few years is anything whatsoever dealing with Farmers after the MetLife takeover...holy bananas was that a disaster. Tech wise, service wise, everything :arghh::twitchy:

Back