Two insurance from two jobs, a question

wendy9999

hello
i am in the state of florida
i am into software field and do remote work

currently with company A - on w2- get health insurance with XXXX company offered by employer - me only

got second offer with company b -on w2 - they offer health with YYYY offerd by employer -
like to add myself and family to it

question -
i will be working two jobs - can i have both the insurance?
------------
do i need to declare company B about my current employment/insurance with company A -to get enrolled in insurance since i am doing it out of the enrollment window using a life changing event ,which is new job. i dont wish to declare about the other job to second job.

please clarify.

If your employers are on the ball you can only have insurance from one job.

Even if you could get "double" insurance, why would you want to do so?

I have never encountered a situation where an employer says you cannot put your family on the health insurance. Are you sure you have the facts right?

Work 2 jobs if you want.

Only take insurance from one.

caveat, not an agent.

Whether you can have two policies is a question for the agents and employers. If you can have two policies, the insurance companies will have to know about each other because of co-ordination of benefit rules, just like when you and your spouse each have employer coverage. I would think that would mean the employers would also know.

If your spouse is also working and has access to health insurance, another option you could look at is each of you going with your own company's plan and then adding the children where it makes the most sense.

You'll just have to consider the economics of the options you and your spouse have.

In insurance, there's a concept of Coordination of Benefits. One policy will pay first, and then the second one will pay for services if there's anything left.

Unlike life insurance, they don't stack very well on top of one another. You're usually overpaying for the second policy because it's paying out less than you're likely to receive in benefits.

Look at all health insurance policies, and pick the best ONE for your total family situation.

You trying to game the system almost never works out for you in health insurance. You almost always over-insure and ultimately over pay for benefits you don't use.

Take family coverage from company B, and ask company A to drop you and increase your salary commensurate to the savings for company A

Back