Two Step Process for Exchanges?

First, there is no place for an agent's "signature", just printed name

Second, paper apps will be a headache, 95% of the apps I do will be online. The two step process of waiting for CMS to approve the subsidy will prove to be detrimental to your production

First, there is no place for an agent's "signature", just printed name

Second, paper apps will be a headache, 95% of the apps I do will be online. The two step process of waiting for CMS to approve the subsidy will prove to be detrimental to your production
I have to concur...with the flood of business some people can expect, keeping track of this waiting period would be a disaster. Too many opportunities for someone slipping through the crack.

Fortunately, with quote engines like Quotit and Norvax, we should be able to compare plans ahead of time (exchange and private market plans), and help the client focus on plans that meet their needs, even before the 2 week process is over.

In my opinion, I would expect the delays to be primarily in the paper application area due to time lags to submit, input then verify.

We don't know yet, but I imagine that the online application would be immediately run against the date hub, vetted and verified and a control ID number issued pretty quickly (maybe even immediately).

Then again, it is the government :biggrin:

In my opinion, I would expect the delays to be primarily in the paper application area due to time lags to submit, input then verify.

We don't know yet, but I imagine that the online application would be immediately run against the date hub, vetted and verified and a control ID number issued pretty quickly (maybe even immediately).

Then again, it is the government :biggrin:

There's the rub - will all the systems be complete and talk with each other as they're supposed to, or will online submissions need manual assistance (in addition to the paper submissions)?

I imagine that the online application would be immediately run against the date hub, vetted and verified and a control ID number issued pretty quickly (maybe even immediately).

Pleasant dreams.

Since this is brand new, no one really knows.

1040EZ are simple and most are filed electronically, yet sometimes "late" filers have their form rejected because . . . someone else filed using the late filer's SSN.

And then there is Medicare fraud, where someone uses your Medicare ID number to dummy up treatment while you are perfectly healthy . . . or even laying under a tombstone.

No way there will be fraud here, right?

If the govt can't verify your identity on a simple tax form or Medicare claim why would you think they will get this right?

You are much more hopeful than I am about this.

Why isn't this a one-pager that asks for applicable SSN's, plan selection, and a broker ID?

Everything they ask is already in the systems they are referencing. Why ask income if you just vet it against IRS anyway? Why ask for age and name if you pull that when verifying citizenship? Does my race have anything to do with me getting coverage? (And don't they ask that during the census anyway?) Doesn't IRS know who pays me? Won't they know if I'm already on government assistance?

The only thing that makes sense to me is a mailing address and e-mail address, I can see that changing between April and October.

Back