Under-65 Client Wants Drug Plan Only

Bob L

Guru
100+ Post Club
Tennessee
Aside from a small number of <65 indemnity or STM plans, I normally only market Medicare products. But right now I have a client in her 40s who's looking for something akin to a Medicare Part D plan to help with her Rx costs. So far I have told her to check the ACA marketplace for Rx coverage there, but she hasn't found anything good.

I've never heard of anything like what she's looking for, but would like to know if any of you have any ideas for a solution. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Aside from a small number of <65 indemnity or STM plans, I normally only market Medicare products. But right now I have a client in her 40s who's looking for something akin to a Medicare Part D plan to help with her Rx costs. So far I have told her to check the ACA marketplace for Rx coverage there, but she hasn't found anything good.

I've never heard of anything like what she's looking for, but would like to know if any of you have any ideas for a solution. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Canadian Pharmacy – Certified Online Pharmacy Canada

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Prescription Hope, Inc. - $50 Prescription Medication Coverage

Caveat, NOT an agent, nor do I need a lot of expensive meds. Have not personally used any of these referenced resources.

I thought there was another resource besides Prescription Hope I have seen posted here, might have been Needy Meds, but not sure.

While searching I found this, maybe it will be useful for some of your client's needs:
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Co-pay Cards and Financial Assistance for Arthritis Patients – CreakyJoints

(I am thinking the Patient Assistance Foundation section may have listings that also provide help for needs beyond arthritis.)

Don't know what meds your client is on so I can't give you specifics, but in situations like yours, we use a new program called RxCare America (www.rxcareamerica.com). The client pays a small monthly fee and has access to over 90% of the most used drugs in America both acute and chronic for $5/prescription. They print their formulary on their site. No deductibles, no monthly limits. They also have a great diabetic program that we use for our diabetic clients.

Don't know what meds your client is on so I can't give you specifics, but in situations like yours, we use a new program called RxCare America (www.rxcareamerica.com). The client pays a small monthly fee and has access to over 90% of the most used drugs in America both acute and chronic for $5/prescription. They print their formulary on their site. No deductibles, no monthly limits. They also have a great diabetic program that we use for our diabetic clients.
That monthly premium is less than most PDP plans.

Thanks to all who replied! I don't know this lady's particular prescriptions, but will refer her to the sites noted.

This forum rocks.

I didn't see a post that suggested Sam's Club or Costco. Their pharmacies are open to the public (no membership required) and their costs are often lower than other resources... lower still with a membership.

Also, note that RxCare America provides $5 prescriptions... but the quantity is 21 days! I pay less than $10 for most of my prescriptions at Costco for a 90 day amount.

Finally, I will echo the comments regarding [EXTERNAL LINK] - About PharmacyChecker.com | PharmacyChecker.com This is an outstanding resource for costly drugs. I do recommend that the resource chosen should be a country in which you have confidence. Bangladesh may have a lower cost Rx than the UK or Canada or Australia... but I am more inclined to trust the latter. :-)

Back