Very Green to the Insurance Industry

Re: Very Green to the Industry

Hello:

I'm sorry I phrased my question so vaguely. I am asking for your opinions on whether or not it is a good idea to assist an agent so that I can get a better understanding of the business.

It could be done as an assistant. However, if you could find an agent that would be willing to do some kind of a split with you. In exchange for you doing all of the grunt, work that would be better. That way you go on all the sales calls. My mentor had me do everything but shine his damn shoes. But that dude could sell!

I have/had a girl that I took on some of my Spanish only calls. She also brought me leads. Every time I gave her a C note, I told her that she could have made $X,XXX. If she got her license.
She starts classes Monday. I should have kept my mouth shut!:twitchy:

WinoBlues,

Thank you for the feedback. I am bilingual too and currently studying to get my life license. What other qualifications do you look for in an assistant?

WinoBlues,

Thank you for the feedback. I am bilingual too and currently studying to get my life license. What other qualifications do you look for in an assistant?

An assistant must be ambitious and eager to learn...but if they have those characteristics they will most likely become agents very quickly when they realize the opportunity!

Back