Very interesting discussion on FB how part d plans will sky rocket in 2023 pushing more to mapd

(Caveat, not an agent)

Just received a Q1Medicare newsletter, looked up a link on their site because I thought some of the content related to this thread.

q1Medicare commenting on 2023 PDP premiums:

https://q1medicare.com/news/Article...-D-plan-outlook&article_id=982&category_id=18

(There is a discrepancy in %'s between heading and text for the first quote.)

(2) The average 2023 stand-alone Medicare Part D premium will increase by 9%.

In late-July, CMS forecasted a 1.8% decrease in the average basic Medicare Part D premium. CMS based their calculation on both stand-alone Medicare Part D PDPs and Medicare Advantage plans with drug coverage (MAPDs). However, our preliminary analysis of only the stand-alone 2023 Medicare Part D PDPs indicates a 3% premium increase across all PDPs.

(And review earlier thread comments to see that lower premiums may not be the whole story for Medicare Beneficiary medication costs.)

(4) Expect more low-premium 2023 Medicare Part D plan options.

Our analysis of the 2023 PDP landscape found an increase in the number of low-costing PDPs. In 2023, not only will there be more Medicare Part D plan choices, but also, about 23% of all stand-alone Medicare Part D plans will have a premium under $25 per month as compared to 19% of the 2022 PDPs with a premium under $25.

(Caveat, not an agent)

Just received a Q1Medicare newsletter, looked up a link on their site because I thought some of the content related to this thread.

q1Medicare commenting on 2023 PDP premiums:

https://q1medicare.com/news/Article...-D-plan-outlook&article_id=982&category_id=18

(There is a discrepancy in %'s between heading and text for the first quote.)

(And review earlier thread comments to see that lower premiums may not be the whole story for Medicare Beneficiary medication costs.)

(caveat, not a senior, but I identify as one physically)

likely not a discrepancy. Just bureaucratic government double speak about reductions & increases knowing most consumers cant figure out the math or the details of the programs

Back