Volume per CSR, personal lines

Edkell

I am looking to see how other agencies divide their personal lines book of business. We have divided by an Alpha-split but after buying a couple of agencies and assigning each to a designated CSR, things are all over the place. Now that another agent has retired, we are looking to switch things up. Our CSR's do all servicing, quoting, and writing of their clients, they are not commission based so the books are not theirs in that standpoint, there is a bonus' for applications written. Each agent can handle about $3M written premium. We are considering doing away with the alpha split altogether and go to a round-robin when calls come in but not sure how to handle managing mail that comes in or how they would work to market the existing clients if not designated. I would love to hear how other agencies do it! We have 5 PL CSR's. Thanks!

Stick with the alpha split. It's how you keep your CSRs accountable. With round robin it's too easy for CSRs to cherry pick.

Alpha split keeps the customers happy, knowing they can speak to the same person each time they call.

Nothing more annoying to a customer than talking to Susie one day and Jane the next and getting different answers.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think that is the direction that I am leaning for just that reason, accountability is key!

I have some experience in personal lines, and lots in commercial. From what I've seen alpha is the way to go, with some exceptions. We do alpa and it works well, but for some really really big accounts where they are going to need to talk to us at least once a week and will have very specific requests; we have specific AM's, but I don't think that's really going to apply for personal.

Latest posts

Back