Walmart Program

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I haven’t participated before. And looking at compensation below not sure if I would anyway. Is the sales volume good enough to make up for the “revenue share”?

• Revenue Sharing for life of the policy:
    • MA - $100 year 1; $50 renewal
    • PDP - $25 year 1; $6 renewal
    • ACA - $23 year 1; $23 renewal

I haven’t participated before. And looking at compensation below not sure if I would anyway. Is the sales volume good enough to make up for the “revenue share”?

I have no idea on the volume, but for me, the thought of sitting there for 20 hours a week waiting for someone to come talk to me sounds extremely painful.

Also, I bet they are going to have to adjust the PDP commission based on all the talk of zero commission on PDP plans.

Thats atrocious . Plus you’re not the aor . And you have to pay like $200 a month i read . So basically 80% of what you will write are low income duals that a % will flip on you before aep ends or they’ll flip on you before oep march 31st. You’re going to make $50-$100 and enrollment is pitiful . Who gets the hra fee?

Last edited:

I did this about 6 years ago at a Walmart, and once or twice with a local pharmacy. Although I owned the business I wrote, and the commissions were much higher.

A few thoughts:

The location of the Walmart, or pharmacy matters... A lot.

You can potentially write a lot of business

It works best if there is a game changer plan entering the market, or a major plan is exiting the local market. Something big has to be happening for it to really make sense.

The kind of customer that will sit down at a table in the middle of a pharmacy or Walmart and and spontaneously enroll in a plan will not typically stay on the books for more than a year or two. It is a bit of a churn and burn business style doing this.

I personally prefer to build my book slowly, and gain customers that will stay with me year over year.

Some agents prefer to write big and fast, and don't care if clients fall off the books. If that's you, then go for it.

Also, none of the Walmart people I wrote were D-SNPs, a few were C-SNP though

Back