What is Ricardo to do [if anything at all]?

Here we Go - Lara to the Rescue!

Commissioner Lara announces Sustainable Insurance Strategy to improve state’s market conditions for consumers
"Ricardo Lara announced a package of executive actions aimed at improving insurance choices and protecting Californians from increasing climate threats while addressing the long-term sustainability of the nation’s largest insurance market. "

There is actually some interesting slides in here if interested. [Not that I agree with it all]
Still the focus seems to be on
1. "insurance companies to cover all parts of California by writing no less than 85% of their statewide market share "
2. "Expediting the Department’s introduction of new rules for the review of climate catastrophe models"
3. "Directing the FAIR Plan to further expand commercial coverage to $20 million"
4. "Improving rate filing procedures and timelines"
5. And this little nugget: "Ordering changes to the FAIR Plan to prevent it from going bankrupt...."

Still not a lot of Meat and Potatoes about how they are going to fix this California Property Insurance mess.

Still a big focus on "safeguards all of the state’s consumers by fairly regulating the insurance indust" and "protect[ing] Californians from insurance rates that are excessive, inadequate, or unfairly discriminatory, "

Also there are an endless supply of Kudos on here about Ricardo Lara and how great of a job he is doing: "California REALTORS® thank and support Commissioner Lara" and "we applaud Commissioner Lara for reaching a breakthrough agreement" and "The California Farm Bureau welcomes Commissioner Lara’s announcement about actions..." I think some of these applauders need to sit on my phone line for 20 minutes and just listen.

Last edited:

Commissioner Lara announces Sustainable Insurance Strategy to improve state’s market conditions for consumers
"Ricardo Lara announced a package of executive actions aimed at improving insurance choices and protecting Californians from increasing climate threats while addressing the long-term sustainability of the nation’s largest insurance market. "

There is actually some interesting slides in here if interested. [Not that I agree with it all]
1. "insurance companies to cover all parts of California by writing no less than 85% of their statewide market share "
2. "Expediting the Department’s introduction of new rules for the review of climate catastrophe models"
3. "Directing the FAIR Plan to further expand commercial coverage to $20 million"
5. And this little nugget: "Ordering changes to the FAIR Plan to prevent it from going bankrupt...."

Still not a lot of Meat and Potatoes about how they are going to fix this California Property Insurance mess.

Still a big focus on "safeguards all of the state’s consumers by fairly regulating the insurance indust" and "protect[ing] Californians from insurance rates that are excessive, inadequate, or unfairly discriminatory, "

Also there are an endless supply of Kudos on here about Ricardo Lara and how great of a job he is doing: "California REALTORS® thank and support Commissioner Lara" and "we applaud Commissioner Lara for reaching a breakthrough agreement" and "The California Farm Bureau welcomes Commissioner Lara’s announcement about actions..." [I think some of these applauders need to sit on my phone line for 20 minutes and just listen.]

d148433c-9df3-4446-b7d8-d219ff28785c_text.gif

Also there are an endless supply of Kudos on here about Ricardo Lara and how great of a job he is doing: "California REALTORS® thank and support Commissioner Lara" and "we applaud Commissioner Lara for reaching a breakthrough agreement" and "The California Farm Bureau welcomes Commissioner Lara’s announcement about actions..." I think some of these applauders need to sit on my phone line for 20 minutes and just listen.

This guy is such an a$$ clown.

He has spent all his time up until now stalling rate increases and implementing his jackass DEI programs, and now that the market is a complete collapse, he is coming up with some half solutions.

ACV Al3x for commisioner!

Back