What's Your Favorite FIXED Annuity

BNTRS

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vermont
Looking around for suggestions. I have companies I've used in the past. Looking for a good fixed annuity for a situation. I do NOT want an equity indexed product.

The more that can be withdrawn in the first few year the better. Short Surrender preiods are wanted.

EquiTrust 4.4% for 10 years or 4.25% for 8 years.
They are really the ones I'm familiar with offering anything over 4%.
I am sure their are others, but I have always been satisfied with Equitrust and I havent had anyone mind they are B+ rated, and no complaints so far.

Security Benefit Life offers a 4% for 5 years Fixed Annuity - the highest rate for that short of a term. It also has return of premium, 10% free withdrawals, and full value at death - most client friendly in the industry (excluding rare fraternal products).

American National's Performance triggered; 5.5% declared rate, 6 year surrender with a ROP feature.........

Americo also has a very good performace triggered annuity. I hope this helps.

I thought I posted this yesterday but for some reason can't find the post -

Security Benefit Life has a 4% for 5 year fixed annuity (the choice 5) which includes return of premium, 10% free withdrawals, full value at death, terminal illness waiver etc.

As far as I know, you can't find a rate like this on any 5 year fixed product unless you can get into some fraternal product.

It also comes in a 7 or 10 yr product but rates are the same for those terms.

I thought I posted this yesterday but for some reason can't find the post -

Security Benefit Life has a 4% for 5 year fixed annuity (the choice 5) which includes return of premium, 10% free withdrawals, full value at death, terminal illness waiver etc.

As far as I know, you can't find a rate like this on any 5 year fixed product unless you can get into some fraternal product.

It also comes in a 7 or 10 yr product but rates are the same for those terms.

That is a good rate but their rating may be an issue for some. I believe the are rated "B" with a Negative outlook by AM best and BB by S&P. Some people don't care about ratings but to me I could not go that low...

Liberty Bankers is kind of the same thing. They are offering a 3.95% rate for 5 years butwith a B rating so it's just a matter of trade off the 3 year MYGA might be okay but 5 Years plus starts becoming a bit more challenging.

Back