Wholesale Consumer Data (lead Lists)

Data is cheap and frequently from the same source lists. I usually pay a little over a penny a record for my data which is pretty solid. As part of the left-wing whack-jobs you'd probably like to pay more for the same data, so I would recommend a company like Mailing Lists - Direct Marketing - Direct Marketing Services. They can probably help you do the same thing you want the government to do to the healthcare system, which is provide the same or lower quality of service for 3 to 4 times as much as it should cost. Sometimes I get a bad batch of data, but that's just the nature of the list business and if anyone tells you any different, then they, along with you and Obama, are telling lies.
When you're doing mass marketing it has always been a numbers game and it always will be. You should be able to get "raw consumer data" which includes selects like age, income, home ownership, gender, zip, county, city, state, and a handful of other information scrubbed against the DNC registry for less than 3 cents a record as long as you're not trying to order 1k records at a time.

Who is (are) a reputable vendor(s) of both business and "scrubbed residential" phone numbers to use with a predictive dialer? Best case, I'd like to get selected zip codes.

I've heard three cents a name is about standard? I want quality, not cheap. Who sells data that you folks have had some success with?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does that answer your question Al? I took a few cracks at you because you seem to enjoy shooting your mouth off when you have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking to, but feel free to e-mail me if you want more help with any of this.

Hmmm, for some reason I don't get the idea that I'd get very good advice or "help" from you if I asked... so I won't.

I went to your website. You have some interesting software for a niche market that I know something about.

Talking about not knowing whom you are talking to, I have a few creds in the software world (see Jaya123) and I get asked about once every other month by either a local GA or one of the larger LOCAL broker houses to recommend some kind of software that will help them do what they need to do (especially recruiting.) Sometimes they ask me to write it for them (yeah, I can still do it... but don't.)

When I was a consultant to the CA Dept of Managed Care (you can check it out) I made a lot of contacts with IT guys/gals at the major carriers and GAs, some of whom I'm still in communication with (like Jeffrey Hecht at Word and Brown.)

I doubt I could get you a sale on my own, but I could get you IN to make a pitch at a few places here and there.

But then again, why would I want to? Better yet, why would YOU want a guy like ME... you know... a [whisper] liberal... to help a guy like you? I'm sure you are doing quite well with the recommendations of your neo-con pals. However, this much I'm sure of. With your attitude I sure as hell wouldn't count on getting a government contract... not from THIS administration! :laugh:

Data is cheap and frequently from the same source lists. I usually pay a little over a penny a record for my data which is pretty solid. As part of the left-wing whack-jobs you'd probably like to pay more for the same data, so I would recommend a company like Mailing Lists - Direct Marketing - Direct Marketing Services. They can probably help you do the same thing you want the government to do to the healthcare system, which is provide the same or lower quality of service for 3 to 4 times as much as it should cost. Sometimes I get a bad batch of data, but that's just the nature of the list business and if anyone tells you any different, then they, along with you and Obama, are telling lies.
When you're doing mass marketing it has always been a numbers game and it always will be. You should be able to get "raw consumer data" which includes selects like age, income, home ownership, gender, zip, county, city, state, and a handful of other information scrubbed against the DNC registry for less than 3 cents a record as long as you're not trying to order 1k records at a time. I usually order 100k records at a time and pay right around a penny a record. The company I use is Rob at the Lead Research Group and he does a good job. If anyone wants to PM me or e-mail me I'll give you his contact info.

Does that answer your question Al? I took a few cracks at you because you seem to enjoy shooting your mouth off when you have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking to, but feel free to e-mail me if you want more help with any of this.

Hi there. I read this post and I'm interested in Rob's contact info for Life/DI/LTC leads. I'm so fresh in the business it hurts! I just graduated college and haven't made a sale yet... But I need a great place to start and start for cheap (preferably) .

Think this would be reliable enough to start out on the phones with?

Any additional input is much appreciated. Thanks for the help!
-Tim Bell

Al, thank you so very much for your response, it's better than I was hoping for. There is nothing wrong with being a "dirty liberal", in fact I'm happily married to one and she's awesome. The reason you got the added sarcasm in my response is because you really don't have any idea who I am. Not that I'm anyone of any importance or stature, but in your infinite wisdom and after all of your accomplishments you thought you'd comment on my political views when you don't know what they are. Just because I don't think that Obama is the black Jesus who's come to save us all from oppression, pain, and suffering and will lead us into a new age of financial stability where everyone will have access to healthcare does not mean that I was in love with our last administration or disappointed that McCain and Palin didn't win the election. It's also worth mentioning that because I still see this country as having serious economic issues for more than the next few years because, among other things, Social Security and Medicare are ticking time bombs, doesn't make me a "doom and gloom right-wing whack-job" or a neo-con.

Regardless of the amount of contacts and connections you have, it's foolish to be attacking someone's political views when you don't even know what they are. Whether you have a rolodex the size of Texas or not, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that the majority of your ignorant comments are just a result of this being an online forum which leads to people saying things they wouldn't in person or even on the phone. If you (or anyone else for that matter) is looking for help with this stuff, the offer is still there. If you're not interested in help, then it's no skin off my teeth.

Hmmm, for some reason I don't get the idea that I'd get very good advice or "help" from you if I asked... so I won't.

I went to your website. You have some interesting software for a niche market that I know something about.

Talking about not knowing whom you are talking to, I have a few creds in the software world (see Jaya123) and I get asked about once every other month by either a local GA or one of the larger LOCAL broker houses to recommend some kind of software that will help them do what they need to do (especially recruiting.) Sometimes they ask me to write it for them (yeah, I can still do it... but don't.)

When I was a consultant to the CA Dept of Managed Care (you can check it out) I made a lot of contacts with IT guys/gals at the major carriers and GAs, some of whom I'm still in communication with (like Jeffrey Hecht at Word and Brown.)

I doubt I could get you a sale on my own, but I could get you IN to make a pitch at a few places here and there.

But then again, why would I want to? Better yet, why would YOU want a guy like ME... you know... a [whisper] liberal... to help a guy like you? I'm sure you are doing quite well with the recommendations of your neo-con pals. However, this much I'm sure of. With your attitude I sure as hell wouldn't count on getting a government contract... not from THIS administration! :laugh:

.... doesn't make me a "doom and gloom right-wing whack-job" or a neo-con.

[snip]

the majority of your ignorant comments are just a result of

Well, claim what you want but when I read the above it reminds me of something I learned the first day of law school (in civil procedure.) The professor said "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

I prefer the quote from Lonesome dove: "You know how it works Jake, you ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw. I'm sorry you crossed the line."

If you (or anyone else for that matter) is looking for help with this stuff, the offer is still there. If you're not interested in help, then it's no skin off my teeth.

I'm sure you are qualified, but I prefer to do business with people I like and respect (there is no quid pro quo that I must agree with them on all issues... just a few major ones.) I'm sure you will be a valuable resource to most of those who "ride" with you but I'll simply and politely thank you for your generous offer and saddle my own horse. (I know you neos won't believe it but I'm actually a good western rider and horseman and supporter of the Grace Foundation. I'm listed here somewhere.)

The Grace Foundation of Northern California is an equine rescue and rehabilitation facility located in El Dorado Hills, CA. We provide critical care and rehabilitation for abused and neglected horses and utilize our rescued horses for equine assisted learning and therapeutic programs for youth and children. Our purpose is to protect, care for, and heal these two important groups - children with special emotional and/or physical needs and abused and neglected animals.

It's a bleeding-heart liberal thing. You neo-cons won't understand.

Al

Hi there. I read this post and I'm interested in Rob's contact info for Life/DI/LTC leads. I'm so fresh in the business it hurts! I just graduated college and haven't made a sale yet... But I need a great place to start and start for cheap (preferably) .

Think this would be reliable enough to start out on the phones with?

Any additional input is much appreciated. Thanks for the help!
-Tim Bell

The data Rob sells is just raw data you can call against. Whether or not you make a sale will have way more to do with your training and sales presentation than anything. Rob can definitely hook you up. Will you be hand dialing or using a predictive dialer? Go to my site and fill out the "request more info" form and I'll send you everything you'll need.

Back