World - Anything Special?

charlieknox

Hey gang - I was approached by a brokerage and told I would be really happy selling their 'propietary product' insured by World here in TN. Upon investigation it appears they have some tough underwriting, and the rates are not all that great. Anyone out there have an opinion about World? Thanks!

World has dozen's of proprietary products. They rent their network from Great West (plus a few others). They are owned by American Republic (who is retreating from the major medical market).

They used to be a decent company when they were privately owned before selling to AR.

If they have tough underwriting and high rates, why are you even considering them?

Are you related to Johnny Knoxville?

FWIW, I may know his dad.

Hey gang - I was approached by a brokerage and told I would be really happy selling their 'propietary product' insured by World here in TN. Upon investigation it appears they have some tough underwriting, and the rates are not all that great. Anyone out there have an opinion about World? Thanks!

Are you supposed to be selling World in a f2f sales environment?

I find that many of these over priced carriers are only sold f2f, and it would never fly over the phone/online.

Wow, you guys are up on the lingo. Had to search 'f2f' and 'FWIW', BTW. Now I'm hip & in the know now too!

Thx for the replies...not f2f. Needing a new med carrier as can't trust GR going forward, and wanting an advance arrangement with whoever makes sense. I didn't find World over-priced as much as just equal to street rates with others, no real bargain, except that they have already factored in new mandates so will not have to re-price at first of year. And as to Johnnie Knoxville...I AM Johnnie Knoxville! Movie biz just slow and I love selling medical insurance more anyway...

Back