“Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

Amen. I'm experiencing this issue right now. In the instance there is an unnecessary delay, I contact the carrier and request a self release/delayed release and get the 90 day clock ticking to make sure everything is sorted out by following AEP.

Amen. I'm experiencing this issue right now. In the instance there is an unnecessary delay, I contact the carrier and request a self release/delayed release and get the 90 day clock ticking to make sure everything is sorted out by following AEP.
Please make sure you get you intent to release from UHC paperwork in to them prior to the end of the month...tomorrow if possible..March 1st or later paperwork requires you to wait until 2024 for your UHC prelease..

UHC i'm good with. My struggle involved terminating the contract between the GA and Humana. This morning I contacted Humana to check the status of my release request. Apparently, the release was granted immediately (to my surprise) and now I am free to recontract effective immediately, no 90 day waiting period. So, moral of the story, always contact the carrier when dealing with bastard GA's!

Back