1-1-2010

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Well January renewal are coming in. This is the time of year to pound on any prospect that you have that is up for renewal. Even if they are not up for renewal talk about calender year deductible.

I wish I could promote optimism here but my case load for January has shrunk at an alarming rate.

Prospecting is harder than ever right now. On small group under 50 it's almost impossible to move anyone because of on going health conditions and lack of carrier competition. So I am in AOR mode for the 4th quarter. I have a couple of prospects with 20+ lives that I might be able to pick up with what I am brining to the table.

Every deal right now is a slug fest. I am bidding on small cases around 5 lives and there are 2 other agents also bidding. If you are going to write group biz get ready to rumble.

So I am ready to close out the worst year in my career fighting.

May all of your two life groups turn into 50 live$ 2010!

ABC-

When you say "bidding " what exactly do you mean?

Are you referring to multiple agents fighting for the same deal?

Or, are you talking about being able to discount the price, which I thought was impossible.

ABC-

When you say "bidding " what exactly do you mean?

Are you referring to multiple agents fighting for the same deal?

Or, are you talking about being able to discount the price, which I thought was impossible.

I am referring to multiple agents quoting on the same group. Most of the time we are all quoting the same products. So its the agent that can bring more value in their services that MIGHT get the deal.

I spent many years in the small group market here in MI on the carrier side working with our independent agents. It was always an AOR battle between them and generally came down to service, relationships and other extra services you could offer the employer.

Good luck to you, small group is a tough market!

I spent many years in the small group market here in MI on the carrier side working with our independent agents. It was always an AOR battle between them and generally came down to service, relationships and other extra services you could offer the employer.

Good luck to you, small group is a tough market!

Who did you work for?

Back