100+ Life a Year

bcarson

Hello all, I am a newer agent with a captive company. It is myself and a CSR and a Producer in the office. Our goal this year it to write 100 life policy's. I would like to have some feedback from agents that already doing this. If anyone has any scripts that have been tested to work, would be great as well. We have around 250 households now with about 780 pif. Thanks to everyone that shares their ideas in this forum.

Read the board Getting started in Life insurance. There are a lot of good postings there. I never sold 100 life cases and I am still in this business after 11 years. On the hand, agents at NY Life when I started who sold 100 life cases in their first 2 years are no longer in the business. I was told to become more like them. I didn't, or I couldn't. If you sell 100 life cases and you can't even get one referral, it means you are doing a lot things wrong. You are just a salesman. If you sell only 40 life cases but get 40 referrals and about 10 personal introductions, you will have a very successful business in years to come.

I had an old life agent tell me 30 years ago, "Write two decent life cases every week and you'll live well in this business a long time." He was right, IMO.

Hello all, I am a newer agent with a captive company. It is myself and a CSR and a Producer in the office. Our goal this year it to write 100 life policy's. I would like to have some feedback from agents that already doing this. If anyone has any scripts that have been tested to work, would be great as well. We have around 250 households now with about 780 pif. Thanks to everyone that shares their ideas in this forum.

Forget 'scripts'. Life insurance is a SOLUTION for various PROBLEMS. Your job will be to help ALL of your policyholders understand the problems they have, and that you have solutions for those problems.

The key for you and your staff will be to hold policy coverage reviews and providing a higher level of service.

http://fsonline.com/Simpler_Way.pdf

Read the board Getting started in Life insurance. There are a lot of good postings there. I never sold 100 life cases and I am still in this business after 11 years. On the hand, agents at NY Life when I started who sold 100 life cases in their first 2 years are no longer in the business. I was told to become more like them. I didn't, or I couldn't. If you sell 100 life cases and you can't even get one referral, it means you are doing a lot things wrong. You are just a salesman. If you sell only 40 life cases but get 40 referrals and about 10 personal introductions, you will have a very successful business in years to come.

It really depends upon your market. If you are an FE agent or a blue collar family market agent and your average sale is $600AP, you are going to need at least 100 cases per year to make a fairly decent living. On the other hand if you are working higher net worth or business markets and your average case is $25KAP, then 12 -15 cases may make you happy.

Desired cases = 100
Divided by Placement ratio - ex. 70%
Equals cases to write = 143
Yearly lapses = 10
Equals 153 cases to write per year
Cases per month = 13
Cases per week = 3.2 (i use a 48 week year)
Cases per day = 0.64 cases per day, which means that you have to write at least 1 application every day of work.

No you just have to figure out how many people you need to speak with in order to write 1 application and then you can figure out how many prospects to speak with to get there.

Back