National Law Review: CMS Changes Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans’ Agent/Broker/TPMO Compensation Landscape

You’re assuming these carriers pay full fmv.Right now mapd is looking very not too profitable for carriers . They could very easily say in 2025 were hurting so were cutting your comp . Most of us on here have large Humana mapd books . The way Humanas talking they’re taking a big ax to plans . Everyone will be busy moving a big part of their Humana this aep. Humana could easily roll the dice and say were paying $18 on renewals .

These guys aren't dumb. They'll trim a benefit here and there, cut a few providers, or raise a copay before they kill the whole thing period by cutting comp. Cutting comp in this space is throwing in the towel and ASKING US to make their 1st quarter call in 2025 a dirge.

I have exactly 0 clients on Humana. Wouldn’t put my worst enemy with them.
Your one of the very very very few agents with no Humana . I’d say they’ve been the hottest carrier for agents and call centers the last 4 yrs .

Most likely you will still be required as part of the actual enrollment questions to ask a few HRA type questions but nothing health specific. And the $100 is not a raise in any stretch of the word. If your FMO never supported you, I get that you would consider this a raise. And perhaps move FMOs.

The main raise for us is the massive jump in renewals from $306 to $355 per year, per client. That's 16% and is huge. That's like 5 or 6 years-worth of renewals. If that didn't happen, we wouldn't have seen that kind of money until 2029 or 2030. The extra $100 per new enrollee to Medicare Advantage is nice, but most brokers are not able to write people that are brand new to Medicare Advantage.

The main raise for us is the massive jump in renewals from $306 to $355 per year, per client. That's 16% and is huge. That's like 5 or 6 years-worth of renewals. If that didn't happen, we wouldn't have seen that kind of money until 2029 or 2030. The extra $100 per new enrollee to Medicare Advantage is nice, but most brokers are not able to write people that are brand new to Medicare Advantage.
That doesn’t start till 2026 . The question is will carriers adjust the renewals on all business from 2020 on to $29.55 a month . Or will they just pay that $29.55 on business written in 2025 on and keep the lower renewals on business before 2025 . This is were I think you might get carriers splitting off and deviating some . Some of the hurting carriers might use this as an opportunity to save some money . It’s been over 3 weeks and no carrier has publicly commented on anything about the new rules . I’m sure the carriers want to finalize this noise and concentrate on bidding on plans and finalize everything

That doesn’t start till 2026 . The question is will carriers adjust the renewals on all business from 2020 on to $29.55 a month . Or will they just pay that $29.55 on business written in 2025 on and keep the lower renewals on business before 2025 . This is were I think you might get carriers splitting off and deviating some . Some of the hurting carriers might use this as an opportunity to save some money . It’s been over 3 weeks and no carrier has publicly commented on anything about the new rules . I’m sure the carriers want to finalize this noise and concentrate on bidding on plans and finalize everything
Damn DonP, this is the best post you have ever made. I was wondering the same thing and guessing it will just be on business from 2025 on. You didn't exaggerate or say the World is coming to an end or anything. Just a good question and thoughts. Good point on no carrier saying a word about it too.

Back