2 Person Group?

Go Green

Expert
Have a husband and wife who own a small business with 2 workers they are letting go on the 1st of the year. The question I have is regarding any ramifications on their insurance. Will the husband and wife be considered a 2 person group with no issues? Or are they in jeopardy of losing their plan? Thanks

If both Husband and wife are on a W2 you should be able to form a 2 life group.

If both Husband and wife are on a W2 you should be able to form a 2 life group.

I'm sure you meant wage and tax report. And only one needs to be on there - the owner can leave himself/herself off. Unless they are co-owners, just have to show proof.

Do they need to keep it as a group plan? Is there a reason they can't just get individual coverage? I assume there is, but sometimes the obvious gets missed.

I can't offer any advice about groups in MI though. This is definitely an area that different states work a bit differently.

Dan

Yes, they need to keep it as a group. The wife is currently 6 months pregnant. Thanks again for all replies. Been unable to connect with uplines for advice. Thanks.

Who are they currently with? I know Blue Cross of Michigan will do it but pricing would be high.

When is the renewal? Most TN carriers don't monitor closely during the year. Her, 1 owner & another W2 employee will work - even a spouse. On that size, trend is ~ 10%. Then you have demographics up or down along with risk adjustment.

I get to argue with the Blues on my own little group now. Helpfully UHC will help me mitigate.

Back