2017/2018 Commission

@Markthebroker I did see you’re in California. My sales background is very diverse from Medicare & Health to cars, jewelry and who knows what else. I ❤️ Sales!
Thanks 4 your input and blessings to you & your business!

Last edited:
I have been captive and Indy and I say Indy all the way. I negotiated 85% of 9% auto and 14% HO. Most commercial stuff is 20% again I get 85% always with no work schedule committment or anything...

I have been captive and Indy and I say Indy all the way. I negotiated 85% of 9% auto and 14% HO. Most commercial stuff is 20% again I get 85% always with no work schedule committment or anything...

I'm hearing a lot of bravado, but not a lot of complete numbers.

You negotiated 85%, which I've never heard of in my 7 years in the business, but what do you get on renewals? I am guessing a very low number.

Most commercial stuff is 20%? How so? I primarily sell commercial, and can tell you very few carriers pay over 15%.

Please go into detail, because the number you are using seem flimsy at best.

Hey everyone,
Stay at home mom here that has dabbled into a little bit of everything and recently spent a year and a half working with an independent agent. I was not licensed but looked into P&C. I want to work from home and be able to raise my kids (7 & 1years old). I am a right scheduler so I know I can dedicate nap time to setting up appts with potential new clients. Is commercials the best way to go? Is that the same test as P& C? Please give a newbie some experience.

Well, first off if you have sales experience, that will be important. It will be hard to sell anything without it.

Once you pass the test, then you can sell personal or commercial. Commercial pays more as the policies are typically larger. They are much more complex than personal, though. While simpler and more abundant, personal policies have a higher turnover, and I suspect will continue to face stronger and stronger competition from the Geico's, State Farms, Farmers, AAA, Esurance, Ameriprise, etc. There is another thing, too. Selling to business owners and business decision makers is different from selling personal. Some people can do it, some can't.

Hopefully that is helpful.

Back