2017 Generic Scope of Appointment

The easiest I have found for SOA is the one that the client fills out themselves by going to my website made for me by Ritter. medicareful.com/sms Once they hit submit it is immediately in my mailbox.

If it's ok I'd like to piggy back on this question. Is it possible to get a verbal scope of appointment? I know in the call center if the member calls about the supp plans and then asks to talk about drug plans...or if they don't ask to talk about drug plans we say; "the plans we talked about don't include prescription drugs, would you like me to review that with you now?" If they say yes...off we go. Apparently medicare says that is good enough.

If I am on an outbound supp call back and they ask to talk about drugs I tell them that we have to disconnect the call and then they can call me back. When I get the call I have to tell them; "yes I do have prescription drug coverage available, would you like me to review that with you now?" As long as they say yes...good to go.

So can that work in the indy setting? Get consent to record their answer to the question and save recording somehow?

If it's ok I'd like to piggy back on this question. Is it possible to get a verbal scope of appointment? I know in the call center if the member calls about the supp plans and then asks to talk about drug plans...or if they don't ask to talk about drug plans we say; "the plans we talked about don't include prescription drugs, would you like me to review that with you now?" If they say yes...off we go. Apparently medicare says that is good enough.

If I am on an outbound supp call back and they ask to talk about drugs I tell them that we have to disconnect the call and then they can call me back. When I get the call I have to tell them; "yes I do have prescription drug coverage available, would you like me to review that with you now?" As long as they say yes...good to go.

So can that work in the indy setting? Get consent to record their answer to the question and save recording somehow?

Not to my knowledge. I think only call centers are going to be set up to do it verbally.

Back