25 year old former debit agent.

Flat broke huh?

Well, I would just get a job, any job right now. Even the forklift operator.
Try workforce development (the equivalent of the unemployment agency.) Tell them you have insurance sales experience but you do not have the resources yet to be commission only. They may have a call center position open. Keep your expenses low, take the bus, get a few hundred dollars together and READ THIS BOARD if you want to do insurance sales. You'll be ready soon enough to sell online, in home...whatever. You are young enough to start building a good career. There is money in independent commission insurance sales but, it is my opinion you need to be at least standing on your feet before you get in it.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I'll get in contact with workforce development in addition to trying to cultivate some jobs through staffing agencies. I've determined that if I don't have a decent job by the end of next week, I'm just going to embellish my experience in restaurants and get a job as a server in as nice of a restaurant as i can find.

Yeah, I'm with you there. I'll get in contact with workforce development in addition to trying to cultivate some jobs through staffing agencies. I've determined that if I don't have a decent job by the end of next week, I'm just going to embellish my experience in restaurants and get a job as a server in as nice of a restaurant as i can find.

Not a bad idea. In the mean time pour over this forum enough to decide on a direction you would like to pursue in insurance.

Cleared for re-hire? I gotta start using that vocabulary. AGLA told me no as well, because they have a financing program or a salary or some such, for new agents. I guess ex- agents were going there and getting the money and then bolting again. I guess if people bolt for the door so often in this business, it ought to tell us something. I have had an insurance license since 1986 when you were like 3 years old, and have left way too many insurance companies to discuss.

Kind of a bad time to find a server job in this town, college kids being home and all. That being said if you actually do have experience I still know 1 or 10 gm's that I may be able to help you out.

I am in the south hills, and thats where most of my contacts are but, I do still know some people downtown. Let me know if I can help.

Kind of a bad time to find a server job in this town, college kids being home and all. That being said if you actually do have experience I still know 1 or 10 gm's that I may be able to help you out.

I am in the south hills, and thats where most of my contacts are but, I do still know some people downtown. Let me know if I can help.

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.:GEEK::laugh:

I have nearly five years of experience as a wait assistant at a very high end restaurant. Combining that with my sales experience, I can confidently say I'm qualified to serve anywhere.

I appreciate all the help I can get.

I recently picked up an interview at Omaha Mutual, as well as a temporary position at Edward Jones as an assistant.

I'll let you all know how it progresses.

Back