3 Companies in MT Exchange

wormburner

www(dot)krtv(Dot)com/news/only-3-companies-will-sell-health-insurance-on-the-mt-exchange/

had to edit link due to posts

BCBS was an obvious one, but does anyone know anything about the other two carriers?

I'm sure the health cooperative is one created under the new ACO's funded by HCR, that was cut off before other states could get their hands on the money to create their own.

I'm sure the health cooperative is one created under the new ACO's funded by HCR, that was cut off before other states could get their hands on the money to create their own.

Oh, you mean that Baucus' state might have received a little "thank you" before funds ran out?

Ehealth only sells BCBS and Pacificsource now. So, technically with the ACO, they've expanded choice by 50%. Goooo Bachus

I come from Montana and have a large extended family there. Everybody in Montana has a huge pickup truck, a gun rack, and is insured by Blue Cross.

Guess why I left! LOL.

So I thought this whole thing was supposed to give the uninsured the same options as Congress and POTUS? I thought this was supposed to expand what is available to all Americans? Just from an economic standpoint, the cooperative will likely low ball the premium to try and get volume to offset the low premium. They will get flooded with more business than they are prepared to handle and will sink within months and be gone by 2015. The remaining two will recognize this and increase premiums to maximize their MLR requirements (maybe plan on sending out small checks at the end of the year) and cost taxpayers tens of millions more than predicted.

How long have we peons been painting this picture and the government is just now seeing it become a reality?

Back