48 Hour cool off period

If you notify the prospect/client in advance, you can talk about MA, PDP, and Med Supps at one meeting. You can't comingle non-health related such as FE or Annuities. I have not heard about LTC but I assume CMS believes that to be non-health. Meeting about health vs. non-health must be separated by at least 48 hrs.

If you are meeting with a REALLY old person, that 48 hours might be the deal breaker!

Rick

How about this. I had an appointment today for a Med Supp and PDP combo.This guy was a good FE prospect but i knew i wasn't allowed to bring it up because of the PDP so i was thinking if i had only talked about the Med Supp when setting the appointment and then at the appointment went straight to FE presentation after the Med Supp sale that is still O.K. Knowing that they will probably ask you about PDP anyway you can leave them a PDP kit and tell them you will call them back in 48 hours. Chances are they won't "cool down " for a PDP sale ( who care if they do ) and also PDP sales lends itself well to a telephone close so you won't actually have to waste your gas going back in 48 hours anyway.

They are now regulated to death because agents who were never in the Senior market see the opportunity to make a quick $300-$600 and then offer other products they are used to selling.

I was talking to another agent here locally about one of her ride-along appointments with a "manager" at another FMO.

The manager basically told the client what they wanted to hear and stressed it was $0 premium. Did not review Dr's (it was a PPO plan) and did not walk through the Summary of Benefits.

Those are the agents who are making this market regulated to death.

Back