608-205-9169 Medicare telemarketing call

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I got a call on my business line. Someone asking if the "can speak to (my wife)". I thought about schooling them on the proper use of the English language, but then just decided to say "No you cannot".

Supposedly the call originates in Monrovia, CA.

A Google search on that number indicates a lot of people are getting calls from that number and none of the reports are positive.

No doubt many seniors may answer the phone and who knows what they will divulge to this telemarketer.

This should be a PSA (Public Service Announcement)

I have no idea how a single agent could build a medicare biz using telemarketers, I guess some can, but how, I don't know..

I got a call on my business line. Someone asking if the "can speak to (my wife)". I thought about schooling them on the proper use of the English language, but then just decided to say "No you cannot".

Supposedly the call originates in Monrovia, CA.

A Google search on that number indicates a lot of people are getting calls from that number and none of the reports are positive.

No doubt many seniors may answer the phone and who knows what they will divulge to this telemarketer.

This should be a PSA (Public Service Announcement)

Maybe he just wanted to know if you have a wife?

I have no idea how a single agent could build a medicare biz using telemarketers, I guess some can, but how, I don't know..

My guess this is a phone bank for an agency, but it could be a TM lead gen company. I heard noises in the background. When I answered there was a pause before the woman started speaking. Probably a dialer waiting for an answer.

I have no trouble being rude to telemarketers who use subterfuge to get people to pick up the phone. I started to ignore it, but decided to see what it was all about.

I knew Medicare would not be calling me from a 608 area code.

Maybe he just wanted to know if you have a wife?

He was a she.

Back