7 payers exiting Medicare Advantage markets in 2025

Where did I say benefits in 2025 are higher than in 2024? Where did I say that full benefits have been announced.
Subsidies are not benefits Don.
What subsidies are you speaking of ? Medicare basically gave flat rate increase to mapd carriers which with medical inflation is like a 3-5% decrease . Yes it seemed they’ve tried to give more subsidies for part D at the last min . But this has no bearing on mapd . The bottom line carriers should have slashed benefits 90% on plans and made medical even better . Butv there’s no sizzle in that be able to roll plans from carrier to carrier . My impression from carriers is they don’t care about adding members. It’s all about profitability

What subsidies are you speaking of ? Medicare basically gave flat rate increase to mapd carriers which with medical inflation is like a 3-5% decrease . Yes it seemed they’ve tried to give more subsidies for part D at the last min . But this has no bearing on mapd . The bottom line carriers should have slashed benefits 90% on plans and made medical even better . Butv there’s no sizzle in that be able to roll plans from carrier to carrier . My impression from carriers is they don’t care about adding members. It’s all about profitability

Subsidies went up for MAPD. Yes or no?

No when you back out some metrics according to what i read its really a decrease.

Don. You just like to argue. Mercury suggested that subsidies are drying up. And that when they end, the party is over. I said subsidies have actually increased for 2025. Per usual.

You chime with, well with the cost of inflation, it’s technically a decrease. That doesn’t change the fact the subsidies increased. Just chill man

Don. You just like to argue. Mercury suggested that subsidies are drying up. And that when they end, the party is over. I said subsidies have actually increased for 2025. Per usual.

You chime with, well with the cost of inflation, it’s technically a decrease. That doesn’t change the fact the subsidies increased. Just chill man
Here’s the bottom line Chazm. I’ll write 200-300 mapd aep . Every single person that has a mapd nationwide will be renewing their coverage . Who gets that business is the only thing up for discussion . The no subsidies increase is not what hit carriers for 2025. It’s the unexpected big big increase in claims . Few expected such a sharp rise

Here’s the bottom line Chazm. I’ll write 200-300 mapd aep . Every single person that has a mapd nationwide will be renewing their coverage . Who gets that business is the only thing up for discussion . The no subsidies increase is not what hit carriers for 2025. It’s the unexpected big big increase in claims . Few expected such a sharp rise

What does any of this have to do with what I was discussing with mercury? None. No one is talking about better or worse benefits. Only you.

The government can take away your business. Just ask any of us that were around when Tricare For Life was passed.

Back