A Dumb Question

If you think wearing a tie will help you sell more, then it will. If you think not wearing a tie will help you sell more, then it will...

I wish folks would keep their comments on the professional side. If this forum is going to be helpful to those who are here for serious ideas, suggestions, etc. If I want the humorous commentary and quotes I will go to facebook. I don't really care to read all the tidbits meant to be entertaining, because they aren't. Let's please keep this business oriented please so those of us who are here can get something beneficial from it, don't waste our time.

I thought they were funny. It would be pretty boring around here without the humorous commentary.
how serious can it be to talk about when to where a tie. It should be common sense to dress for success. Look sharp if your in sales with or without a tie.

I wish folks would keep their comments on the professional side. If this forum is going to be helpful to those who are here for serious ideas, suggestions, etc. If I want the humorous commentary and quotes I will go to facebook. I don't really care to read all the tidbits meant to be entertaining, because they aren't. Let's please keep this business oriented please so those of us who are here can get something beneficial from it, don't waste our time.

Get off my thread then! :1mad:

My comment about was directed at posts by somarco. Are you an agent or a frustrated comedian? The silly posts get annoying to those here trying to learn something and share professional information. You input seems a bit childish and off subject - sorry but it's distracting and not funny.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Get off my thread then! :1mad:

Gladly, I thought I was among professionals. My mistake!
Poor baby bored and got his feeling hurt????:nah:

Last edited:
I prefer a backwards hat, frayed jeans and a t-shirt... that way if I do sell them something it's because I know what I'm talking about.

Or it could have something to do with the fact I sold it over the phone hmmm.... I really despise ties but will put it on when necessary.

In any sales role, you want to mirror or match your clients. You want them to feel comfortable and people naturally feel this way around other people who are like them.

For example, if you show up to a blue collar persons home to solicit life insurance, you might make him feel like you are there to bury him.

VS. If you show up in a short sleeve collared Polo, you are still dressed better than he was at his wedding and you are still seen as an authority. This way he feels like you are his buddy who is there to help him. You create common ground faster and he likes you. :-)

I prefer a backwards hat, frayed jeans and a t-shirt... that way if I do sell them something it's because I know what I'm talking about.

You just offended txagt39, so apologize before he flames you for having a sense of humor.

Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain too?

How did you know?

Back