ACA Compliance for Agents

Demono11

I have a 10 person agency selling 90% on exchange plans with subsidies. I was wondering if there are any consultants/attorneys that can give advice on being compliant. For example do we need to provide the clients with disclosures such as Privacy Policy and HIPPA? Are we allowed to create dedicated email addresses for the clients to use on the exchange, can we actually enter the client’s info into the exchange after the client has left the office, etc . Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.:)

I have a 10 person agency selling 90% on exchange plans with subsidies. I was wondering if there are any consultants/attorneys that can give advice on being compliant. For example do we need to provide the clients with disclosures such as Privacy Policy and HIPPA? Are we allowed to create dedicated email addresses for the clients to use on the exchange, can we actually enter the client’s info into the exchange after the client has left the office, etc . Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.:)

Should have a disclaimer on your site, plenty of boilerplate ones which can be used out there.

As far as can you enter the clients info on the exchange after the client has left the office and/or create dedicated email addresses for them the answer is that is not allowed as you describe it as it would mean you are attesting to information and submission on the hc.gov site. You can do via hc.gov when they are either sitting with you or via screen share though..

There are other more streamlined solutions though via <self serving plug> ACA Enrollment platforms such as ours.. See my signature BELOW... :)

Last edited:
Demono,

Kenny@ACAExpress does, indeed, have an enrollment platform that will help you...a LOT!
I know lots of agents who are going to use ACAexpress for 2015 enrollments.
It will save you a LOT of time & headaches...and will ensure that you get paid for the business you submit ON-exchange.....as well as many additional benefits.

ACAexpress has been discussed on the forum. Just do a search for ACAexpress & you'll find info.
Allen might even post a link for you.
Allen is our resident expert in many areas...including finding almost anything within the forum.

Privacy Policy Info here:
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-we-use-your-data/

Back