ACA on Exchange member is being double-billed

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
The ACA mb has been auto-deducted for his Jan 24 premium with Aetna CVS ACA, but ALREADY MADE his Jan 24 binder payment with UHC ACA. Was he supposed to notify Aetna CVS that he was changing for 2024 or should the transfer automatically happen without having to notify Aetna CVS when he transferred to UHC?

If you updated the SAME app at the Marketplace then old plan should cancel automatically with a file sent by MP.

If you created new app, then you need to cancel old app.

If old plan was off exchange, then yes u need to cancel and get refunded.

I was not the AOR for the Aetna on exchange 2023 policy. I used health sherpa to enroll the mb into UHC ACA for 2024. Mb made his January binder payment.
Does Marketplace typically notify Aetna CVS (in this case) of the mb’s cancellation or does mb have to take it upon himself to notify Aetna CVS?
Mb is being charged by Aetna CVS as if he is still enrolled for 2024. i.e., double-billed since he already paid UHC for January.

If you updated the SAME app at the Marketplace then old plan should cancel automatically with a file sent by MP.

Yes. I found his previous Aetna CVS app that was synched with Marketplace and used that for the UHC app if that is what you mean by “same app”.

Last edited:
Yes. Same app. Aetna should have termed. Lookup in double redirect via sherpa and search MP for Two 24' apps. If only one, then Aetna should have termed. System glitch? Refund due

A friend sent me a picture from her ACA enrollment platform (Benefit Align) that showed that Aetna is in fact TERMED. Weird. I guess that I need to advise ppl to remove auto-pay from their soon to be termed ACA plans?

You must pull all your clients 2024 apps on health sherpa manually to your portal . You search on marketplace for their 2024 apps .Make sure your the Aor on there your clients 2024 plans . Even you upload consent forms agents will try to steal the aor’s .I’m scanning a final check on all my clients tommorrow evening time make sure I’m still the Aor for Monday the 1st . What’s nice with Ambetter who 90% of my business is with. I don’t have to worry about anyone flipping my business next near as the Aor can’t be changed for the whole yr even if they wrote a different Ambetter plan .

Back