Accordia Life - Messed Up Bankdrafts

MisterSir

Hiya, People...

My first ever visit to the forum, and I can't resist asking: are there any other agents who had their book of Aviva business CRUSHED during the transition to Accordia? In my case, Accordia's errors were outrageous, and repeated. They failed - for months on end - to collect any premium whatsoever from my clients who pay via bankdraft, yet they showed the policies as "in-force" online. This had the effect of making the error invisible to me, the agent, as I had no way to determine whether a client was paying premiums, without access to their bank account. Guess how I learned? Youbetcha. Incoming phone calls from outraged clients, who just saw Accordia pull MONTHS of premium directly from their bank account, without authorization or warning, in a single day.

This error was no joke. It screwed up my IUL cases to such a degree that Accordia agreed to waive all surrender charges. I have moved ALL of those cases. I have also "replaced" every single one of my Accordia term policies, with the exception of those who are now "uninsurable."

For me, at least, the Accordia expeience has been a relentless fiasco, and it cost me clients I expected to keep FOREVER. Ain't no way I'd ever use those chumps again, and if you're lucky enough to read this, neither should you.

A client of mine has an old Aviva IUL... not my business. He expressed a similar situation with them, and ironically still hasn't decided to move his business. I think he just likes having something to complain about. LOL
Interestingly, his IUL has not done real well. He's like 10yrs in and not much past break-even.

About time somebody dropped a hammer on these chumps! CA Insurance Commissioner, Dave Jones, finally takes a swing at Accordia. Not a moment too soon, Dave. I've been dealing with these asshats since 2015!

Attachments

• Go Dave Jones!.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 3
Back