Account Manager vs Producer - combined role?

This is a terrible owner. She could retain staff is she inspired and rewarded them, instead she wants to be a servicer and have her staff that she hires for SERVICING to be her producers. It's a different skillset, and telling people that their job is easy and that they need to try harder is a terrible recipe for success.

It sounds like she herself can't sell her way out of a cardboard box if she's only able to personally produce 1-2 life policies a month and expect her servicing staff to carry her dead weight.

Sounds like someone who went into owning a state farm agency without the proper skills or talent to do so and thinks she can bully others into making her successful

Yeah, It started becoming a dead end career situation, especially since I didnt see her applying herself in her own sales. So you hit the nail on the head. So I thought I would take everything I learned from SF and go elsewhere.

She says she owned a SF agency for 25 years. I don't know how things worked in the 90's or early 2000's, but she's going to have to upgrade her strategies and business structure. She uses one company for leads and there absolutely trash, other than that she relies strictly on already existing clients for more sales to pivot life/health policies or our personal referrals and leads from friends, family, etc. She asked me if i could put my family on an SF life policy or anyone I know for $20 per application but didnt think it was lucrative for me or even if SF policies were beneficial as I wasnt familiar with their Life products since I just got my L&H license. She did teach me alot about servicing but I had to learn the sales part on my own as she had little knowledge that she could show, teach or implement.

I guess she's feeling the pressure of SF recent rate increase, because of inflation, policies bumped up ridiculously high, therefore a high number of customers are calling in with complaints and choosing to drop SF. She was hoping the account manager could save them, call each customer and adress whats going on, but it's not happening at all. That's may also be why she's frustrated.

Last edited:
Back