Advice on building out a multi-State Medicare agency

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, are you saying that this thing I've been hearing about (have not paid attention, too busy) will basically eliminate "upline overrides" and/or marketing?

So the YouTube and Facebook recruiters who built businesses around "join my downline" will basically poof?

That would be hilarious.

As long as writing agent (you know, those of us actually working and writing policies) keeps @ $600ish/$300ish I'm good

I don't even need marketing dollars.... I built to a solid business without them. Marketing money is just bonus.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, are you saying that this thing I've been hearing about (have not paid attention, too busy) will basically eliminate "upline overrides" and/or marketing?

So the YouTube and Facebook recruiters who built businesses around "join my downline" will basically poof?

That would be hilarious.

As long as writing agent (you know, those of us actually working and writing policies) keeps @ $600ish/$300ish I'm good

Yep unless the carriers get a smart ass idea and try to shave agents comp and give to Fmo’s . I don’t need marketing dollars . But nobody will ever make a dime off my without some skin in the game . This is actually good news for writing agents . Means we’ll be around a while . But damm those you tubers made millions and millions in overrides . Most did nothing either for the agent . I do need Connecture . I’ll pay for it if need be .

Not to piss on your dream . But your 5 yrs late to the “ get Rich selling Medicare party “ . 10’s of1000’s of agents have entered this the last 5 yrs . What Bevo didn’t mention is the massive changes coming to Medicare override and marketing compensation on 2025 . The proposal right now ( most proposals become law) is all overrides above the $610 max mapd commission will be no more . Also as devastating for agents and agency’s is no more marketing dollars . I built a big business in 3 yrs for zero cost . Without marketing dollars I don’t even know if I’d have done much Medicare . Irregardless of what the final cms law looks like most renewals and marketing dollars over with for next aep and beyond

Hopefully by January 2025, Trump is back in office and he starts removing all these goofy policies and the nightmare Sleepy/Creepy Joe Brandon’s commie band of low IQ clowns that he installed in the 3 letter agencies, like CMS. All of this is because none of them have a solid understanding of Medicare Advantage, and they just don't like it because it's semi-private and is competition to original Medicare. The corrupt government commies don't like competition. They lust for that total control. I'm not saying that SOME changes couldn't be made, but like all things commie, they just burn the entire village down instead of the few dilapidated and abandoned houses.

Last edited:
Would this not still technically be an override?

Good question . If carriers paid the agent less than the $635 in 2025 I guess any difference would be considered an administrative payment “ override “ if paid to an fmo .

I somehow think the next "big thing" in the medicare space will be "lead generation" :1rolleyes:
It's why I started hedging my Medicare bets 15 years ago and became a marketer, as well as an agency owner.

I still pan for gold with my agents, but I spend far more time providing pick axes and shovels to others which is way more fun, and way less dirty.

Back