AEP Denied App ?

Rossat

Super Genius
App signed and dated 12/1/2023. Member mails app and it’s received 12/8 and immediately faxed in. Carrier is denying saying they aren’t eligible for AEP since received after the 7th.

Does this sound right? Can individuals not sign an app on 12/7 and mail it to the carriers.

App signed and dated 12/1/2023. Member mails app and it’s received 12/8 and immediately faxed in. Carrier is denying saying they aren’t eligible for AEP since received after the 7th.

Does this sound right? Can individuals not sign an app on 12/7 and mail it to the carriers.
Probably because it was dated the first not the7th
I've submitted apps on the 8th that were dated the 7th a few times and they were accepted

Many carriers don’t allow an a paper app older than 48 hrs . No big deal write it 1/1 for 2/1 . Was it Uhc?

"Received by the agent date" is the official date so 12/8 is official. Unless an SEP is available, it's late.

is there is really no SEP available in your state? Seems like there's always an SEP available these days...

Last edited:
Florida has an SEP thru February 28th, 2024. I'm bombarded with emails from several companies on it almost daily.

I saw this one today from Cigna

State declaration: Impacts of War in Israel

SEP incident dates:10/07/2023 – 03/05/2024

This SEP declaration is effective: 10/07/2023 - 04/30/2024

Impacted counties for SEP purposes:All counties

Back