Aetna Claims

Noted. I appreciate the info. I just recently passed my test and as I wait on my license number just trying to read and ask as many questions as possible.
Congratulations! .....

I would focus on figuring out which companies are good for certain conditions.

Noted.

I appreciate the info. I just recently passed my test and as I wait on my license number just trying to read and ask as many questions as possible.

That is how many of us learn. I tend to need to ask the same question several time to get the answer to stick.

BTW, Not saying IMOs that require you to have all your contract with them are bad. If I took on a green agent he would be indentured servants with me. :err:

----------

Stated another way, you join an IMO for FE and they teach you a certain way. How to get leads, setting the appointment, and the sales pitch. You then take that knowledge and help another IMO make $$?

Or you learn a product by being direct with a company and over years bring on other companies and never need an IMO to teach you how to be in this business. I have one IMO that I have the most contract with for something like 20 years. He has answered questions, his job, but has not had to school me. Not a right way wrong way thing, just my way.

Matt,

I'm new so forgive me, but wouldn't your IMO's want all your contracts? I mean if I was on a lead program and had five contracts with an IMO and five other with a different one how would my first IMO know I wasn't writing leads I received from them under the second IMO's carriers? I would never do that, but I'm sure that has to be a concern for IMO's

Here is my situation

I create all my own leads. I have little contact with any imo
that means no training, no hand holding, no emails, no conference calls etc

Based upon this , im getting top commission thru multiple channels

Why would I place gerber life with an imo that gives me 60% when anothet gives me 80%???

Why would I place MOO with an imo that gives me 125% when another gives 135%???

The list goes on and on. If an imo wants all my business they better provide me with what others give me.

Gotta love the free market

Here is my situation

I create all my own leads. I have little contract with any imo
that means no training, no hand holding, no emails etc

Based upon this , im getting top commission thru multiple channels

Why would I place gerber life with an imo that gives me 60% when anothet gives me 80%???

Why would I place MOO with an imo that gives me 125% when another gives 135%???

The list goes on and on. If an imo wants all my business they betyer provide me with what others give me.

Gotta love the free market

Noted. My main focus right now is getting with a good group of producers who are going to train me. I don't need someone to watch over me, I don't think anyone who does is going to be successful at this. I'm treating this as my own business. My success or failure will depend on my work ethic, which anyone who knows me knows that won't be an issue. All I need is someone who will give me the direction, the examples of how things should go (presentations, appointment setting) and be there to answer questions when I'm sure I'll have a bunch.

BTW Matt I'm still waiting on that call lol

I don't know why they did that. When I asked them there was no one there that could, or would, explain it.

They did it because they say there loss ratio was sky high on that sector of business.
There rates were through the roof already for younger folks do that doesn't help clean business stick. Had they had competitive rates they would have kept more business on the books instead they got a ton of sick people and very few healthy

Back