Aetna Commission Status

That's what BC/BS IL did in Feb. They paid Feb. commissions but left off the 50% not paid from January. No telling what they will come up with for March.
Cigna paid nothing the first pay run for March. These people!

Even though BCBSIL pays commission on approximately the 18th of every month, the commission calculation only includes premiums received up to the last day of the prior month.

To their credit, the company shows which month(s) generated the commission you see for each client, along with the commissionable premium. Some carriers just list names and a commission dollar figure next to them.

Even though BCBSIL pays commission on approximately the 18th of every month, the commission calculation only includes premiums received up to the last day of the prior month.

To their credit, the company shows which month(s) generated the commission you see for each client, along with the commissionable premium. Some carriers just list names and a commission dollar figure next to them.

Yes, their statements are very clear. That is appreciated.

After at least 5 group emails and the Aetna commission people telling me to wait for March 13th commission run to be completed this weekend, my commission statement is still missing over half of January payments and a smaller number of February payments.

I wonder what their excuse will be this time when I send them a spreadsheet of policies that shows exactly which ones are missing.

It's almost April and they haven't paid me for most of January, what a great way to build agent loyalty.

No coventry payments for 2015 and only part on renewals for December 2014.

This week I received billing notices for several policies with 06, 01, 2015 due dates.

On the two cases being paid this week Aetna is paying me as a GA @ $29 PMPM instead of $21 PMPM (renewals, according to the statement, are $16 instead of $12)-I'm sure they will correct that but it's a huge extra for a GA, most of whom do absolutely nothing for the agent.

Finally, show a statement from Cigna for March in the positive; not in the bank yet. The problem with them is they are so unreliable since they changed their stance on not paying the brokers the tax credit portion until they get paid. They were paid prior to the 3/7/15 date, however, they did not pay it until the 3/21/15 statement to be in the bank on the 26th. So this will go on ever month: we may or may not get paid that month on the tax credit portion, which is the largest portion of the premium.

BC/BS still has not paid me the 1/2 of the business on the January statement. I turned in a ticket and have called numerous times. They finally told me they were going to 'expedite'. I told them it is too late to expedite. This is not expeditious to pay in April for January money due. It will be April now before it pays.

I have gotten the message loud and clear: carriers do not want ON Marketplace business. It is quite obvious.

Aetna-keeping you informed....and unpaid:
Aetna

Now it's the last week of April for the next commission run, I'm not sure which year, however:no::no::no::nah::nah::1baffled::1rolleyes:

I actually received a response from Aetna regarding my open commissions-most of them have been resolved and I was told to expect a commission payment within 10-14 days, that is probably going to be the commission run for the week of April 21st.

I still have 5 open cases that were skipped over-it's $120 a month so I'm not going to stress about it but sent back another request for an update with that list.

On the two cases being paid this week Aetna is paying me as a GA @ $29 PMPM instead of $21 PMPM (renewals, according to the statement, are $16 instead of $12)-I'm sure they will correct that but it's a huge extra for a GA, most of whom do absolutely nothing for the agent.
The very reason to drop the GA and go direct whenever possible. A GA who offers no value deserves no override.

Back