Aetna Fitness Benefit change

I sold one a few months ago in a state that has a $1200 fitness benefit . I told the lady she could buy $1200 of athletic shoes . I was looking today and I noticed you can only buy 1 pair a yr . I’m curious if you can’t do shoes why you can do golf fees ?
Makes no sense to me. Can still buy golf clubs and balls and green fees. God forbid they get new shoes for the gym membership they also have through Silversneakers. It has been nice for clients in small towns with local gyms bc now they can pay the 360.00/year membership and get reimbursed for fitness benefit. New reimbursement forms coming out 4/23, now that I have given or emailed about 300 people the other one since Aetna can’t be bothered to send them out.

Makes no sense to me. Can still buy golf clubs and balls and green fees. God forbid they get new shoes for the gym membership they also have through Silversneakers. It has been nice for clients in small towns with local gyms bc now they can pay the 360.00/year membership and get reimbursed for fitness benefit. New reimbursement forms coming out 4/23, now that I have given or emailed about 300 people the other one since Aetna can’t be bothered to send them out.
Aetna ALWAYS falls short when it comes to sending OTC catalogs and other useful tools to its members. I hope that CMS was putting a spotlight on Aetna for the rule that the carrier must let them know about these benefits.
I too have had to make my own copies to give to these members who ask. UHC OTOH goes ALL OUT.
It understands how some of these members feel about those added OTC items- kind of a throwback to S&H Green stamps that many used in the past.

Aetna ALWAYS falls short when it comes to sending OTC catalogs and other useful tools to its members. I hope that CMS was putting a spotlight on Aetna for the rule that the carrier must let them know about these benefits.
I too have had to make my own copies to give to these members who ask. UHC OTOH goes ALL OUT.
It understands how some of these members feel about those added OTC items- kind of a throwback to S&H Green stamps that many used in the past.
You can order Aetna's OTC catalog. I leave one when I write a new member.

S&H Green stamps, haven't seen those in a while.

Humana’s otc catalogue was the niciest but small up till 2 yrs ago . United’s my fmo had to photocopy 50 colored copy’s to send me . Bet it cost him $200 if ink . Uhc had a lot of items in it

Seniors like the gimmicky items in plans, I would rather real benefits become richer.

Seniors like the gimmicky items in plans, I would rather real benefits become richer.
Which copays would you like to see them lower? Mine are mainly covered for their hospital stays with the GTL HI plan. I would probably say the physical, speech and occupational therapy being $35-$40 per time would be the one I would like to see lowered. Dr copays, people are used to them from their coverage before Medicare and outpatient surgery is not going to generate alot of complaints having to pay $350 for a $12000 + surgery.

You are right though, old people love all the extra free stuff they receive from MA plans. See alot of clients at the YMCA every morning using their gym membership and people live for the OTC benefits for some reason. So far they were all loving the Aetna fitness benefit but that could change now that they can't get their new shoes for free. :)

Back