Aetna MA being withdrawn

ehall2

Super Genius
I am in Georgia and have an Aetna MA. Received letter yesterday they are withdrawing. Why are they doing this?

Making so much money they couldn't get it to the bank.............
Where have you been the last 6 months Humana and Aetna lost their ars. Trying to get rid of those areas.

Making so much money they couldn't get it to the bank.............
Where have you been the last 6 months Humana and Aetna lost their ars. Trying to get rid of those areas.
Lighten up and help him out.

He is not a senior health insurance market agent so this is not his regular subforum. He is informed and helpful with his posts in another section of the site.

Now I feel bad.
Aetna, Humana are wanting to get rid of approximately 10% of their footprint.
You just happened to be in one of those areas. Many other areas dental getting cut to cleaning , drug deductible again, copay days in hospital being raised and lengthened .

I am in Georgia and have an Aetna MA. Received letter yesterday they are withdrawing. Why are they doing this?
As you know, I am not an agent.

I chose to remain on Original Medicare plus a Medigap, so I don't know much about MA.

The very, very amatuerish comment I have is -- there were apparently a bunch of legislation changes that affected the profitability of MA and PDP plans and carriers are changing plan details and markets as a result.

Hopefully you will get a more courteous and helpful post from someone that sells and understands MA plans.

(And good for you for reading your ANOC and other carrier mail. I gather from comments here, particularly on PDP's, agents have a lot of clients that don't.)

The most likely cause is the market for your plan, is no longer profitable, and/or they are losing too much to attempt to turn it around.

Good news, you have other options, you can get a similar plan from a different company, or a medigap plan.

Looks like rmhaire can help you out, if not, I am happy to assist as well.

Back