Aetna Member Conversion and AOR status

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
This past AEP, Aetna did yet another one of its plan change options to MEMBERS in my markets. A member called me to ask about potential PCPs in her neighborhood and other information prompted by a mailer that she received from Aetna to change to the new lower cost HMO. The woman was not good with internet, so I could not enroll her that way unless maybe using the telephonic option which I wasn't comfortable with. Since she did not want anyone in her home, she called in to the number on the direct mail piece. The local broker manager informed me that they would honor AOR status for any such conversion. Aetna informed me that the member was not enrolled through their Tele-Sales and they would not be able to keep AOR status for me. I honestly don't believe them. If this ever happened to you, is there a way around it? I wrote an AOR request letter to be signed and returned by her, but she has not obliged. She was enrolled about 7 years ago and was not someone that I kept in touch with until this year.
As it is, Aetna changes its plans too frequently which makes it hard to maintain a Book with them.

Aetna will accept a handwritten note (from the insured) for Advantage plans or they can call by themselves to member services. She will need all your info including NPN# and they would assign you back as AOR.

Aetna will accept a handwritten note (from the insured) for Advantage plans or they can call by themselves to member services. She will need all your info including NPN# and they would assign you back as AOR.

i already knew that and sent her a handwritten letter that she only had to sign and return in the postage paid envelope that I sent. I have not found it in my mailbox and she did not answer her phone when I called. During early Covid, I made an effort to reach out to ancient members that I lost contact with using postcards, birthday cards, etc. But, I am not successful all the time in getting them to reply. She may not really care since she got what she needed. I think that Aetna knows this and likes to “stir up “ the membership so that AOR can be discarded. I won’t stop trying though. Even if I’m successful in getting the AOR request, I don’t think that it starts until the next plan year (2022). When this damm Covid goes down, I’ll go show her a better plan.

Aetna honors aor changes on mapd plans? They join wellcare in allowing it. I was working heavy wellcare area this week and got 4 aor changes were the people had no active agent .I honestly see very little Aetna in my area .

Aetna honors aor changes on mapd plans? They join wellcare in allowing it. I was working heavy wellcare area this week and got 4 aor changes were the people had no active agent .I honestly see very little Aetna in my area .

I agree that the amount of MAPDs that accept them is dwindling, not very many left.

Back