After-Market Annuities?

I need a list of these FAST. Anybody have a current list, PM me. Anybody know who to call, let me know.
Thanks!

This is an old thread but if there are any questions among members on the topic I'd love to help clear the air.

One comment from earlier in the thread is worth picking up again:
"I would hate to find one that would work well for a client and if the client says ok after thinking it over or even on the spot, only to find out it is no longer available. Whole lot of work for nothing and perhaps even a lost sale after losing momentum. That would be a huge mess to try and clean up.

I can just see it now when the client says, "your idea for my retirement plan was to show me a product, put it together, only to tell me you don't have it?". That should go over real nice LOL

Am I missing something here? "

You are definitely not missing something- this was a issue in years past, but there are new procedures that eliminate this constraint. It's worth another look!

I found a great source for information on secondary markets for annuities: Buying Secondary Market Annuities | Annuities HQ

A Secondary Market Annuity (also called an 'SMA') refers to a transaction in which the current owner of an income annuity sells his future income steam to a third-party in exchange for a lump-sum payment.

Most secondary market annuities can provide a higher yield (usually 0.50% to 2.00%, or more) and a larger contractual payout than what's available from a new issue standpoint — and the buyer can choose the terms and carrier ratings to match their specific objectives. Even though institutions still gobble up over 70% of the available annual inventory, the remaining 30% of these secondary market opportunities are available to the individual investor, so you need to know the facts about these strategies before jumping into this new found higher yielding pool.

Back