Agency Producer v. Agency Owner (Poop or get off the pot)

Feb 25, 2019

1. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Life is so long. If I could go back I would have worked something out with a local independent. Not even local but someone that would give me a shot and let me build a book and buy it or merge it out of their ahenxy into my own. At least that way I might have some instant income from existing relationships and some closer mentor ship and structure. Anytime along your journey if you want to chat I’m here to answer questions!

2. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    Same

3. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
  4. MVI

MVI Expert

State:
    Maryland
    If you go off by yourself getting carriers for P&C is not the easiest thing to accomplish. Even with an aggregater it can be difficult in many different ways.

Life & Health is different in that every carrier will appoint you no problem. Atleast 80%+ of them and you can land some solid appointments easily.

MVI, Mar 12, 2019
  5. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    I started in the business 19 years ago and got going on my agency in 2005... which was over a year after I proclaimed "I'm starting my own agency"... I got a hard lesson in what a business plan was, market analysis was just fancy words to me back then, and even though I had 4 to 5 years experience, I wasn't AT ALL prepared. I learned WAY too many lessons the hard way, but I am stubborn at best and survived. If I had the opportunity, it would have been better to cut my teeth with some guidance... How about you NC? For that matter, how about you William, how long have you been a producer?

6. NCAgent828

NCAgent828 Super Genius

State:
    North Carolina
    I’m a hybrid agent I guess. Rent an office space in Asheville but 60% of my business is upstate SC. I’m back and forth. Agency in WNC and live in upstate SC. Long story. Coming up on 1 yr in business. So many lessons learned the hard way. Some of them can’t be learned until you are doing it. Like the old saying “you don’t know what you don’t know”.

7. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    Well same offer to you... anything you'd like an unbiased opinion on I'm happy to help.