Agent Leaving Industry

As far as the E and O I think what you need is called a trailer policy. Call the e an o company tell them you are leaving and they can offer coverage for 5 years or so for a percentage of what it would have cost per year?

The only reason I know is because when I bought my agency I got in some discussions regarding the previous owners e and o and my e and o.

:D:D on the the spelling...but for the OP....please
keep your license.

There is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water, you never know what easy money opportunity MIGHT come your way due to having a license.

Life is too long, to feel you've covered every base.

IGNORE this advice if you're 75 or older...in that case you'll be dead soon, so don't worry about:biggrin:

For the E&O, in California the statute if limitations is 3 years, you should get extended reporting form for at least that time period, it will not cover you for current activities, if you plan on being the BOR on some policies and/or getting commissions, keep your claims made policy active until all activities cease.

Actually life insurance is not the same as P&C. Less service and less request for coverage change ie auto policy. Do not worry so much about E&O insurance when you leave just make sure the company assign the policies to a good agent.

Back