All Weather Companies

Mac1958

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
Your opinions please.

I'm a financial advisor, and I'm warming up to annuities, both fixed and FIA. I want to carry just two, maybe three, companies and Allianz is going to be one of them. I don't need a marketing company (I'm a partner in a CPA/Law Firm), so I'd rather contract direct.

If you wanted just one or two all-around good companies for both fixed and FIA, which would you choose?

Your opinions please.

I'm a financial advisor, and I'm warming up to annuities, both fixed and FIA. I want to carry just two, maybe three, companies and Allianz is going to be one of them. I don't need a marketing company (I'm a partner in a CPA/Law Firm), so I'd rather contract direct.

If you wanted just one or two all-around good companies for both fixed and FIA, which would you choose?

Why contract direct? You can usually get high contracts (and sometimes the highest available) from IMOs.

Jackson. Good understandable design without all of the fluff and glitter. Their comp is fair and their service is excellent.

Mac1958,
Just the fact that you are asking a real basic question like this shows that you would benefit from an upline. If you contract direct with companies you will never get good information about the good and bad of each product.
I'm sure you know that CPAs and attorneys don't know jack about annuities or investments.

Mac1958,
Just the fact that you are asking a real basic question like this shows that you would benefit from an upline. If you contract direct with companies you will never get good information about the good and bad of each product.
I'm sure you know that CPAs and attorneys don't know jack about annuities or investments.

Fortunately, the CPA's and attorneys I work with are good guys and stay out of my financial advising. They trust me (go figure). I'd blow my freakin' head off if I had to go through them, and I'm sure they feel the same about me, for good reason. They bring me in to meet their clients and leave. So it's a good situation.

For the record, I'm going with Allianz and Jackson National, direct, at least for now. The support I've received has been great. I have some knowledge of annuities, I'm just trying to keep this down to two good companies.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
First, I agree with Newby, you need more specific direction with cases than just generalizations from this forum.

An upline (GA,IMO,FMO,whatever); is not just for marketing and not just for comp, if they are any good they should help provide direction with product choices and placement for cases. A knowledgeable upline can be invaluable, especially when you are still relatively new to a product or market.

I would second Jackson & ING. LFG also has some of the strongest products on the market IMO.

Alliance would be one of the last companies I would look at, especially doing joint work with professionals such as lawyers and CPAs.
(they have a horrendous record of classactions against their annuity contracts & sales practices, even one instigated by their own home state; plus they have some of the most complicated products on the market. the only reason I have ever seen to go with their product boils down to greed; greed from higher than average bonuses, greed from high index caps that have variable and company discretionary participation percentages, or greed by an agent chasing above average comp.... take your pick, but in 95%+ of the situations you will encounter you can find a better or just as suitable alternative.
How would a law firm justify using a company that most likely has more annuity related class actions against it than most other major competitors??
How could any agent for that fact..?
JMO though.)
(For the record Allianz has one or two fairly decent products, but they really got in trouble by not having walk away product after the so called surrender period; if you want to have a very pissed off client at the end of the surrender period, go sell one of the bonus dex products that only allow you to walk away with 90% of your basis credited at 3%, after the so called 10 year surrender period!)

Last edited:
Back