Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Can this fixed annuity which has a bond index
and allocation options be a good product to sell
generally speaking, thanks !

Can this fixed annuity which has a bond index
and allocation options be a good product to sell
generally speaking, thanks !

It would depend on the client's situation. Can you provide more details and what the client is trying to accomplish?

In general, I would say that for the Pro V1 you would need to think about this. Short surrender period (5 years) and allows free w/d in first year. The product illustrates well...but remember that this is just an illustration, make sure to look at the time period and research the integrity of the backcasting (how many illustrations were performed and what time period are they using). The product, like you said is based on a bond index. What we know about interest rates are that there are at all-time lows. If interest rates rise (which is really the only place to go), then bonds will go down. Also, I believe as of right now the spread is at 1.7%. Don't expect much yield with interest rates so low.

If you would share the details on the client and what they are trying to accomplish we can give you a better recommendation on what products to look at.

The product, like you said is based on a bond index. What we know about interest rates are that there are at all-time lows. If interest rates rise (which is really the only place to go), then bonds will go down. Also, I believe as of right now the spread is at 1.7%. Don't expect much yield with interest rates so low.

Excellent point.

Josh, what do you think about INGs Treasury rate multiplier in the current rate environment? (or anyone else)

It seems that they would be well positioned when rates do go up. The problem I see is that the Fed has stated they will gradually raise rates. Which gives me cause for concern that the rate increases might not be enough...

Thanks for the input. Going back to the webinar's
And listen intensely. Thanks

Excellent point.

Josh, what do you think about INGs Treasury rate multiplier in the current rate environment? (or anyone else)

It seems that they would be well positioned when rates do go up. The problem I see is that the Fed has stated they will gradually raise rates. Which gives me cause for concern that the rate increases might not be enough...

Scagnt83, I can't say that I'm very familiar with that ING product, but I would echo your sentiment on the rates increase and how that may not be enough. What is the name of the ING product that you were thinking of?

Scagnt83, I can't say that I'm very familiar with that ING product, but I would echo your sentiment on the rates increase and how that may not be enough. What is the name of the ING product that you were thinking of?

@Josh,

The ING Interest Rate Benchmark Strategy is available as a crediting method on many of ING's FIA products.

The strategy contains a Cap and a Multiplier.

Here is a Brainshark presentation from ING about this particular strategy. You shouldn't need a username and password for ING to get to it.

Interest Rate Benchmark & Trigger Strategy | ING Content Portal

Last edited:
Back