Allstate Announced They're Trying to Open 30 Agencies

emery011

Expert
With roots reaching back to the Great Depression, Allstate insurance company believes tough times like now are ripe for expansion, so it is looking to open 30 offices in Utah.

Good luck with that! I know of three who are trying to sell their agencies in Salt Lake.:skeptical:

Last edited:
From what I understand Allstate is ALWAYS trying to open new agencies. Considering the size and rate of growth in Utah's economy, what makes 30 so unrealistic?

We have AAA, State Farm, Farmers, and Allstate all aggressively running ads trying to attract new people. There just aren't enough people to fill the spots. Allstate has been losing agents. I don't have numbers on the rest but from what I hear and see around town it's a near impossible goal.

I know an Allstate agent here in Pa who told me Allstate is trying to close 3,000 offices. He's been with Allstate for 20+ years and he says it's never been worse to be an Allstate agent.
The are like Starbucks around here opening offices practically accross the street from each other.

Utah seems to be saturated with all types of captives. I know of one office park with 4 separate Farmer agencies sharing a parking lot.

We had 5 state farm's open here in the last 5 months, 2 already closed, in a town of 25000.

Back