Amazon Rx Pass

Retail giant Amazon has been conducting a layoff spree as part of Amazon CEO Andy Jassy's plan to eliminate 18,000 jobs throughout the organization, some of which include employees spearheading its healthcare initiatives.

Here are four healthcare-related layoffs the company has conducted since December:

Amazon Pharmacy: On July 14, Amazon's online pharmacy, laid off 80 employees. Employees affected by the cuts included pharmacy technicians and team leaders, though registered pharmacists were mostly unscathed.

Halo: Some employees working on Amazon's digital health tools, including its digital platform Halo health and fitness trackers, were also laid off in January, according to CNBC.

Amazon Care: In August, Amazon said it would shutter its in-person and virtual primary care service, Amazon Care. The shutdown led to 159 employees losing their jobs.

Care Medical: Employees of Care Medical, a standalone company contracted to work with Amazon Care patients, were also laid off due to the service shutting down. This layoff equated to 236 people losing their jobs.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/disruptors/amazon-continues-layoffs-in-healthcare-units.html

My Free Pharmacy does a better job than Amazon in my opinion without the block out. They can't use their insurance with it but for $19.95 a month for an individual or $29.95 a month for a family, they have 480 chronic maintenance meds and 125 acute meds. I have personally used them because with Marketplace coverage my family was looking at $200+ a month in prescriptions copays and instead I paid $29.95. [EXTERNAL LINK] - NeedyMeds – My Free Pharmacy

@KandKsmommy I looked over the site and it appears to only offer generics. A search for Eliquis shows pricing for warfarin which probably is not a good substitute.

There seem to be similar challenges for diabetic medications.

Maybe if I studied this further I would see the value

@KandKsmommy I looked over the site and it appears to only offer generics. A search for Eliquis shows pricing for warfarin which probably is not a good substitute.

There seem to be similar challenges for diabetic medications.

Maybe if I studied this further I would see the value

Yeah, Eliquis with them is a no-go because of how expensive and there is no generic here yet. Warfarin is not an ideal substitute because of the PT/INR required and the fluctuations in the diet. I know up here in Maine all of our warfarin patients have issues during fiddlehead season because of the leafy greens.

For Eliquis if your client has a provider that can write in Canada the Eric Lee Familiprix in Clair, NB Phone: +1 506-992-3393 will ship it. A 3-month supply is around $100 Canadian (so $75ish) and they charge $25 Canadian for shipping. I confirmed with them this week that they will ship it wherever because I have snowbirds who wanted to see if they could get it shipped while they are away for 6 months of the year.

The My Free Pharmacy is good for people who are on a ton of generic maintenance meds or for those who took a cheap plan because they weren't on meds and halfway through the year got thrown on some, or of course for Marketplace.

Back