Amazon Rx Pass

BALDELMO

Expert
Prime members in most U.S. states can sign up to use RxPass today. Customers who are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government health care program will not be able to enroll in RxPass; however, they can still use their government insurance to fill prescriptions at Amazon Pharmacy.

Prime members in most U.S. states can sign up to use RxPass today. Customers who are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government health care program will not be able to enroll in RxPass; however, they can still use their government insurance to fill prescriptions at Amazon Pharmacy.

That seems harsh.

That same group can enroll/use GoodRx, SingleCare, etc but they cannot use the discount card AND their government plan simultaneously

Mark Cuban may be cryin' right now.

Will all these different discount programs out there, is there one website that searches all of them for the best discount program price?

That seems harsh.

That same group can enroll/use GoodRx, SingleCare, etc but they cannot use the discount card AND their government plan simultaneously

RX Pass is not a discount program.

Its a $5 monthly fee (on top of Prime Membership) and you get free medications off a list of 50 common meds.

They started a separate discount program for Prime Members (called RX Savings), that gives up to 80% off meds at local pharmacies or amazon pharmacy (with free 2day shipping).

That is why. Both require direct pay and no insurance. Cut out the pork.

---

RxPass: [EXTERNAL LINK] - Amazon Pharmacy: RxPass

RxSavings: [EXTERNAL LINK] - Rx Savings with Amazon Prime

is there one website that searches all of them for the best discount program price?

Not that I have seen. I don't think there is any one discount that is good for any situation

GoodRx and SingleCare are my go to sources for discounts. Most of the others are hit or miss.

This really is nothing revolutionary. It will be just like any other discounter out there. This is just Amazon trying to get a piece of the GoodRX-dominated pie. I love the discounters, because they make my life as an agent a million times easier when trying to match people up with plans.

Let's say a client really likes a certain company, and everything else is a great match for them, but their monthly RX's with them would be $150. One peek at a few discounters shows me that will now be reduced to $25 per month. A win/win.

RX's have become a minor afterthought in my research and selection process nowadays, where I used to stress about matching them up. The only ones you really need to do some due diligence over are the tier 3-5's, because some of those can still be pricey with some discounters, but again....they've eased a concern on the RX side.

I don't use Amazon, out of principle, because they've gotten way too big, but that's a personal choice.

Reviving an old thread...kind of...Does anyone know how to put Amazon pharmacy in the cost-estimator on Medicare.gov?

Nevermind, found the answer. Googled amazon pharmacy's location, got 78744 in Austin TX as the address and it was listed on medicare.gov.

I cant stand these companies who have this terminlogy
Customers who are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government health care program will not be able to enroll in RxPass.

I cant stand these companies who have this rule. Even drug manufacturers discount programs for the low income have this rule and it prevents people from being accepted into their program.

Back