American Community/Golden Rule Takeover, Help Needed!

physical therapy

Look first for a plan that covers PT in these situations then work backwards.

The PCIP plan would cover 80% of the charge after satisfying the deductible if the child qualified for PCIP.

You guys are awesome.....thanks for providing all this information so that I can help my client out.

The Ohio Open Enrollment link that Allen provided states that Ohio's GI program started on 1/1/2010....I was told by my broker that it wouldn't be available until September. It also didn't mention the "no prior insurance for 6 months" that I was also told is a part of this program. Does anyone else know any more about this program?

Somarco, when you say "Look for a plan that covers PT in these situations then work backwards" are you suggesting that I look at all the policies available through the States GI program Allen is referring to?

I just want to verify with the experts here that all traditional family plans are out of the question.

Final important detail on this case that may provide more health insurance options....The client is a business owner (dentist), who currently doesn't have a group health insurance plan in place. The current broker is mentioning something about creating a group plan, however it would be "max rated". Wouldn't this mean that we would now have to cover all 10 of his employees, which he currently is providing no health insurance for? Final detail, his wife is on the business payroll but his two children (including his son with Downs) are not.

Final important detail on this case that may provide more health insurance options....The client is a business owner (dentist), who currently doesn't have a group health insurance plan in place. The current broker is mentioning something about creating a group plan, however it would be "max rated". Wouldn't this mean that we would now have to cover all 10 of his employees, which he currently is providing no health insurance for? Final detail, his wife is on the business payroll but his two children (including his son with Downs) are not.

He could carve out some of the employees, maybe the other dentists, dental hygenists and office manager and just cover them. But yes, he would have to pay at least 50% of their individual premium, and he would need to meet certain participation requirements.

By max rated, he means that the group would be charged the maximum possible rate a group with its demographics could face. Odds are, unless these employees currently have no health insurance, or he is willing to pay most if not all of their premium, he'll have a hard time getting them to participate in the group.

At least he could use the wife to be an employee, and then put the children on a family plan with either him or her.

are you suggesting that I look at all the policies available through the States GI program Allen is referring to?

Look for plans that will be available after 9/23 for children. If they have an adequate PT benefit then factor them in the equation.

Yes, as Vol pointed out, he could set up a group plan but that would cost way more than any of the individual options available, including paying for PT out of pocket.

Seriously, I know dentists are having a tough time like most of us, but if he generates enough revenue for himself and 10 employees don't tell me he can't afford $1800/mo for PT.

Back