American Continental...anyone have it?

I have been using American Continental for some time now. They do have decent rates in VA and their underwriting is pretty liberal. Very easy to work with as well. Not sure when they had their last rate increase, but it wasn't that bad. Good company to have.

I've been contracted with AC for several years and never used them until just recently since their premiums were high. Then they had a big rate decrease here in TN, and just wrote my first a couple weeks ago.

My experience was good. They still are not the lowest priced carrier here but the client wanted them and specifically asked for them for some reason. I showed a couple others with lower premiums but he still wanted AC. Worked for me.

The funny thing was that the very day I submitted the app, I received a letter from American Continental threatening to terminate my contract for nonproduction unless I sold one within the next several weeks. That was slightly amusing to me. Timing is everything.

've been contracted with AC for several years and never used them until just recently since their premiums were high. Then they had a big rate decrease here in TN, and just wrote my first a couple weeks ago.

I found that odd that their TN rates were high. Looked at them shortly after Aetna bought them and checked their GA and TN rates. Low in GA, high in TN. (I have a non-res TN license although I rarely do much there).

When they introduced the product to GA they dropped rates by 26% which was a red flag to me. Current rates are OK but I have no reason to use them.

Back