ANICO Drops Interest Rate on Executive UL

Jul 11, 2016

1. AboutThatLife

AboutThatLife Guru

They dropped the interest rates this month on several products. The one I was concerned about was the Executive UL. I really liked it.

Seems they are focusing more on their IUL's because those have stayed at 4%.

The new interest rate is 3.75% for those wondering.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. EAJoe

EAJoe Super Genius

State:
    Colorado
    Out of curiosity, why would you be writing the Executive UL when they have the Signature GUL available? If your client needs a permanent policy and isn't concerned about cash value, the GUL is a far superior product with it's cash out option and living benefits. If they want a product with the potential for cash value accumulation, it would be tough to argue that the Executive UL is a better solution than either of their IUL products.

EAJoe, Jul 12, 2016
  3. BYSFG

BYSFG Super Genius

I suppose it depends. ANICO from my experience with their Exec. UL has a higher table. Suppose it would be a last ditch product sort to say.

BYSFG, Jul 12, 2016
  4. EAJoe

EAJoe Super Genius

State:
    Colorado
    With the Signature GUL they do express underwriting for standard ratings on face amounts up to $250,000, which means no paramed/blood/urine, just a phone interview, MVR, MIB, and RX database checks and they can typically make an offer within 72 hours. If you're looking for a good carrier on hard to place cases, Lincoln will typically issue Table1/Table2 as standard for permanent policies under their table shave program. I got a 45 year old guy who had a minor stroke (TIA) less than a year prior to issue issued at standard for $5 million with this program. Lincoln also has very competitive rates for their GUL.

EAJoe, Jul 12, 2016
  5. AboutThatLife

AboutThatLife Guru

Stronger guarantees than the IUL. Very good point with the GUL. Thank you.