Annuity Ads

Im pretty sure Josh's IMO has radio ads for agents... Id ask him.

I also agree with him that concepts sell best. The only exception would be simple direct pitches such as "3.35% Guaranteed for 5 years, call Joe Advisor at xxx-xxx-xxxx for more info"

Do you know if listing this rate is compliant?

In my market area, which is basically New Orleans, the radio competition is unbelievable. All you hear, especially Sat and Sun all day long, is one to two hour talk shows on money management (hah, annuity sales) topics. This involves very, very large marketing budgets. As in $1 million per year for one instance I know about.

Is it worth it?

These folks (I've been a guest on some of these shows) are casting the large nets for the big fish. In one case I was involved in from a sales angle, a guy who listened to the particular show while he rode his lawn tractor was worth $55 million and badly needed some life insurance to help reduce the huge amount of estate taxes on the horizon. I got involved because we were going to try some premium financing on a huge life case. The sale did not go through for reasons irrelevant to this thread, but the point is the net got a big fish in this case. That would have been all it would take to pay the overhead for quite a long time.

What I have learned from the radio experience is that number one you need patience. People listen to these shows typically for many months before they get "comfortable" with you. You have to have a bit of skill with broadcasting and with coming across as someone an audience member would like to meet.

I would not try to compete in our over saturated market. But your situation seems ideal.

How is it going? Have you had any success? my fmo will produce any spots I want for any length of time....maybe you should try a different fmo

Back