Annuity ? for 45 Year Old

Make sure your getting recommendations from someone licensed to do any annuity, if an annuity is where you are going to keep it.

This is a non qualified annuity. I have is just "parked" is Fidelity cash account annuity until I can decide what will be the best move should be. I would like to have the account grow. I'm comfortable with stocks and risk. Really need some good experienced advice to make best move.

What sub-accounts do you have within the Fidelity annuity? And why do you have it in cash if you're comfortable with stocks and risk?

There are many variable annuity carriers. Jefferson National has one with no M&E expense and the only fee (I think) is $20 per month. However, I believe this annuity is only distributed by RIA's and fee-only advisors so you would likely pay more than $20 per month. But with no M&E charge you would save 1.25%-1.75% in annual expense charges. They also have a ton of investment selections.

https://www.jeffnat.com/home/articles/mafundguide.pdf

I think Vanguard has a VA as well.

Your Fidelity VA may be perfectly fine depending on your investment options. The current VA Fidelity offers is fairly low cost and has 50+ investment options. I have no idea if it's what you have, but I doubt it since yours is 20 years old.

I would definitely take a look at some of the "uncapped" strategy FIA's on the market, which would allow for continued tax deferral, yet have the potential for decent upside growth. I like a couple Allianz products at the moment, either the Signature 7 or the 365I, some are postioning the 360 as a good alternative. I suppose it depends if you want to add an income component to the equation. Feel free to pm me and I will be glad to give you my number for a full discussion on the subject.
Do you not use the 360 regardless of whether income is going to be taken or not? Sure you're paying a fee that can get you lifetime income you may not use but you're also getting 150% of the crediting gains straight to your accumulation value. I'm not saying this is the best things for this situation but if we are using his time horizon as an example I would be pretty sure the 360 would outperform (using the same hypothetical crediting method and period) the 365i over 10-15 years. Even though it doesn't have a bonus and you're paying a fee. Then if things changed down the road you still have the option for lifetime income.

Back